Ruger NO 1A in 30-30

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BC in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Ruger NO 1A in 30-30

Post by BC in TN »

Guys,

I saw an ad today for a Ruger NO 1A in 30-30. This may be old news to you guys - but I didn't know this was made. Being a fan of the 30-30 I'd sure like to see one of these. I did a site search but didn't find anything here about one. Is this a new product? I'm guessing this is considered a lever gun? Thanks guys and I'll be looking for any responses.

I'll try and post a link:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 8oNuWs_-ig

As I continue to research: I found where one was for sale back in April of 2011. Apparently Lipsey's offered about 250 of these at least that far back in time.
Last edited by BC in TN on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Ruger NO 1A in 30-30

Post by 6pt-sika »

They only made it in that chambering one or two years .

Kinda like the 6.5x55 and 6.5 Creedmoor .

Most folks here I think would be far more interested in the 1A in 30-30 . But me personally I'd rather have a 1A in 6.5x55 or the Creedmoor .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

I'd be torn since I already shoot both .30-30 and 6.5X55, but the only fair way to do it is BOTH!

Post by dkmlever »

There is one at my local gun for sale, let me know I plan on stopping by on Saturday and can get you a price.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Larkbill wrote:I'd be torn since I already shoot both .30-30 and 6.5X55, but the only fair way to do it is BOTH!
Not me I was not a real 30-30 person when I owned about a dozen lever guns chambered for the cartridge . Fine enough cartridge for what it was made for , but just not one that ever called me so to speak . On the other hand 6.5mm's have me in their grasp just like 7mm's did about 20 years ago .
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

There is a Yahoo news group devoted to #1 rifles. I was on it for a while and learned a lot there. They talked about the .30-30 several times. I have a .308 which is close enough.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
wolfdog
Levergunner 3.0

Post by wolfdog »

6pt-sika wrote:TBut me personally I'd rather have a 1A in 6.5x55 or the Creedmoor .
+1 here
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ruger No. 1's have been made in 'limited runs' for about every cartridge out there.

I think of them as a super-strong action compact enough to use long cartridges and/or have a better handling for a given length barrel in brush. I don't think of them as particularly accurate, although some are, but it seems inconsistent vs. other designs, even the less expensive Handi-Rifles. So.................I never saw much point in having one in a 'varmint' round like 223 or 22-250 or 17 Hornet, nor an ordinary mid-power round like 44 Mag, or 30-06, other than the fact that they are a strong, well-made, and beautiful firearms. I would like one in 405 Win, 416 Rigby, 500 S&W, or that kind of chambering, though.

However, I doubt there are any of them out there that wouldn't be fun to own and shoot. One in 30-30 Win would doubtless shoot as well as any ordinary levergun, and is definitely 'classy'...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

AJMD429 wrote: I would like one in 405 Win, 416 Rigby, 500 S&W, or that kind of chambering, though.
I might know of one in 416 REM MAG coming up for sale in the relatively near future and I can attest to it's accuracy :wink:

I am thinking the 416 REM MAG , the 375 H&H MAG and my 338 WIN MAG may be pared in the semi near future .
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I think there is one used in the Nosler #3 reloading manual.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

dkmlever, let me know how much the #1 is please
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

Thunder50 is not interested at this time so I thought I would put up the info I had on this rifle
Ruger #1A
30-30
one of 250 from Lipsey has the certificate of authenticity, and all other paper work, box etc
Currently it has a Burris 4x Mini mounted with the Ruger rings
At one time it did have a receiver site professionally mounted on it, so two small holes are on the left side of the receiver but are filled with screw blanks (like on a Winchester)
Price $1295 (this is a consignment gun so may have room to move)
Here in CO
If interested

call Robert Parker at Parker Arms in Wheat Ridge CO at 303-420-4867
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

BC in TN: the link to the ad you posted says not in stock and on a whim, I checked Lipsey's and the Ruger web sites and that calibre is not listed as being currently available in the No. 1 series.

A very accurate 30-30 single shot is the Browning/Miroku M1885 High Wall clone "Traditional Hunter". Problem is finding one.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Ray Newman wrote:BC in TN: the link to the ad you posted says not in stock and on a whim, I checked Lipsey's and the Ruger web sites and that calibre is not listed as being currently available in the No. 1 series.

A very accurate 30-30 single shot is the Browning/Miroku M1885 High Wall clone "Traditional Hunter". Problem is finding one.
Browning made the 1885 Traditional in 30-30 and 38-55 . Never saw one in 30-30 but I did happen to run across a 38-55 once in a semi local gunshop and looked at it . Was a rather nice but a bit pricey piece .