HUMOR - The Tools in my workshop:

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

HUMOR - The Tools in my workshop:

Post by Old Ironsights »

Common Tools Explained!

To the unitiated, the workshop can be an intimidating place, full of tools you may not know what to do with. To help, here's a helpful explanation of common tools and their uses.

DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, denting the freshly-painted vertical stabilizer which you had carefully set in the corner where nothing could get to it.

WIRE WHEEL: Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light . Also removes fingerprints and hard-earned cleco calluses from fingers in about the time it takes you to say, "Oh rats!"

ELECTRIC HAND DRILL: Normally used for spinning pop rivets in their holes until you die of old age.

SKILL SAW: A portable cutting tool used to make studs too short.

PLIERS: Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters.

BELT SANDER: An electric sanding tool commonly used to convert minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs.

HACKSAW: One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle. It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

AVIATION METAL SNIPS: See hacksaw.

VISE-GRIPS: Generally used after pliers to completely round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

WELDING GLOVES: Heavy duty leather gloves used to prolong the conduction of intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

OXYACETYLENE TORCH: Used almost entirely for lighting various flammable objects in your shop on fire. Also handy for igniting the grease inside the wheel hub you want the bearing race out of.

TABLE SAW: A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch wood projectiles for testing wall integrity.

HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK: Used for lowering an automobile to the ground after you have installed your new brake shoes, trapping the jack handle firmly under the bum per.

EIGHT-FOOT LONG YELLOW PINE 2X4: Used for levering an automobile upward off of a trapped hydraulic jack handle
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

True and very funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

LEAD POT: Device for creating vast quantities of black smoke from "clean" ingots and creating interesting fountians of molten lead tinsel before pouring 20lbs of 700deg lead onto your sneakers... :shock:

PROGRESSIVE PRESS: Specialty device designed to manufacture Squib loads in the middle of a production run and double charge cases destined to be used upon saying the words "These don't have much recoil..."
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Screwdriver---that thing used to ruin screws and leave gouges in the pretty wood of a firearm.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ram Hammer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ram Hammer »

Hammer - Device used to cause throbbing thumb syndrome which reminds owner why he has the contractors phone number by the phone.
No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself

There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you.
Will Rogers
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
A perfect day can only be achieved while hunting
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Body Dolly: device to cause broken toes when dropped.
Post hole diggers: tool for propping up person as they look at work to be done.
Ladder: device to cause user to fall off of roof.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Have you been hanging out in my workshop? :wink:
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Dremel tool - A hand-held power tool used to create unsightly and run-away gouges in beautifully figured wood or to viciously abraid deeply blued gun metal.

:oops:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Sounds about how I use all of my tools in my tool chest.
mark
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mark »

Spot on,

I forwarded a copy to a toolmaker mate of mine.

Cheers

Mark
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

I printed and posted for the shop :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: !
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."