USAA runaround on my hunting vehicle

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

USAA runaround on my hunting vehicle

Post by draperjojo »

Does anyone have internal names, numbers, emails for USAA insurance? I'm getting stalled on a settlement I'm appealing. I've asked to discuss with management but I get passed between "total adjusters" and they just keep leaving me on hold. I've been with them 25 years and this is the first claim I've had to deal with and I'm seeing a whole different side of USAA through this.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Re: USAA runaround on my hunting vehicle

Post by jdad »

Since we don't know the story (and it ain't none of our business)......

I've been with them almost 35 years and have never had a single issue.....property, casualty, life, auto. I pay for service and I have always had it.

If you have an issue put it in writing, stick to the facts not emotions, and send it certified asking for a response within 10 days. I believe you can also go to their web site and get the direct number for resolution/conflict help and their president.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

If they have a local agent, that is where to go.
My State Farm Agent jumps through hoops for me if needed.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Just the normal numbers have been with them from 85 when I made LT on. Just collected over $20,000 for home damage from a storm at the house treated me extremely well over the years time it took to get it repaired. If you know the Adjusters name who is assigned your case you can reach them direct through the automated phone directory.
It is not the critic who counts
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by draperjojo »

Between 4 family members we have over 120 years of coverage with USAA and have used them for auto, life, vehicle loans and never had a problem until it was time for an auto settlement claim. I have found out that with USAA just because you have full coverage doesn't mean you get full replacement on a totaled vehicle. They use CCC One to go out and handpick the vehicles they use for comparables that will lower their settlement offer to you so that you don't get to replace with a "like" vehicle. In our case, my Jeep Liberty Renegade with 95K was rear ended and the other driver was faulted, but now they want me to accept a check that only allows me to replace with something worth 1500-2000 less than this Renegade. The comps they used were Liberty Sports, and a Liberty Limited with 144K miles. You guys may want to ask if your coverage is for replacement or a value set by a company that specializes in handpicking the comps on the low end. Beware of Insurance companies using CCC One for values.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Sorry to hear this about USAA. Based on somewhat limited family experience, any time you have an older vehicle totaled your odds of getting a good settlement are slim to none. Also in the case of various versions of the same vehicle they almost always choose the most generic and cheap version. They happily take your premiums knowing the pay out will be minimal.

That said, I did really well when my 75K mile Vibe was assassinated. That was with Miller's Mutual. I use an independent broker and she shops me around whenever she feels I can do better. Presently with Safeco and they were squeamish about replacing my roof, but a lot of the problem was the adjuster. Maybe you can get them to have a different adjuster get involved.

Post by 2571 »

" asking for a response within 10 days"

Sure sign of an amateur complaint. What are you gonna do to 'em if they don't get back until day 12?

Don't make any kind of threats, actual nor implied.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I would ask a friendly lawyer (if there is any such thing ;) ) to send them a registered letter in your behalf.

It needs to be a lawyer friend to avoid a lawyer's normal 33-1/3% of a settlement commission.

draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by draperjojo »

We agreed on a number finally and the settlement check showed up on our checking account balance yesterday. I think they sent me 5 different settlement offers during that 3 week period. I argued/negotiated with 11 different totals adjuster/claims adjusters, asking for management or team leaders and was never given one. They came up in value $2000 which still won't replace what I had if you have to add in tax, license, transportation to freight or fly to go get it and drive it back. I had several people say "I didn't know you could negotiate that settlement with insurance companies".......my response was "I didn't know I wasn't supposed to"...lol The funny thing is all of the management people from the insurance company that are now leaving messages on my machine asking"How did we do for you"......really??? Crawl back into the woodwork you bunch of Monday morning quarterbacks....
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

State farm jumps through hoops for me. Been with then for thirty six years. Have had a few claims on my vehicles and house. So far so good. You might want to check them out .
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Thought about switching to USAA. Was in the body shop getting my pickup fixed from someone doing a hit/run on me and told the guy (been doing any body work I need for the last 20 years, he is good at it) that I might switch. He flat out told me that he would not be doing body work on my vehicles if I switched as he won't deal with them.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I always wondered why, if an accident is not your fault, that a small claims judgement for the guilty party might not be possible for the amount needed to fully replace your car? IMO, it's a racket even worse than health care :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Next time try calling your state insurance commissioner. He allows them to do business in your state.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
carbluesnake
Levergunner 2.0

Post by carbluesnake »

I can tell you that State Farm has done me well. I totaled out an 2002 Toyota Tacoma with 347.000 miles on it, and they paid me $4900 for it. That was more than I expected. I had a fire claim from my barn and again I was more than satisfied. Sorry to hear of your problem.