Canukian Advice...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Canukian Advice...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Is this true?

"On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament building is an American flag."
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
pdentrem
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Canukian Advice...

Post by pdentrem »

The $2 note never had the Parliment building on the reverse side. The $1 note did. The $2 note was replaced by the $2 coin in 1996. It is known as the Toonie while the $1 coin is the Loonie as it has a Loon (the bird, not the .......) on one face.
Pierre
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Apparently several bills going back for some time have had a flag that resembled the American flag on them, which was intended to represent the Dominion flag, and caused some consternation.

I think all Canadians just subconsciously wish they were US citizens, except those who live in the north and the west, who are generally pretty happy wit their position. Actually, a lot of Canadians were US citizens before Canada claimed the parts of the US they lived in . . . :lol:

(The above post was entirely in jest and is not intended to be taken seriously by any of our Canadian friends or by the crazy guy in NY who wants to become governor and invade Canada with the NY national guard.)
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

Made me look :lol:

Whatever building it is ... the flag looks to be the Canadian maple leaf.
At least on the 2$ bills from 1986 .
Phil
pdentrem
Levergunner 2.0

Post by pdentrem »

You are right, that is the parliament building on the front face. I was not looking on that side as it is a pretty small version. Surprising how much detail is there when looked at with some magnification.

The same parliment building that the ...... gun man attempted to force a change in government after shooting an unarmed service man standing guard at the National War Memorial. The sergeant at arms did his duty. With all the shooting, that was seen in the news footage, I wonder how many dimples and holes are in the walls and doors now?
Pierre
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Not sure about the flag thingy, but one thing is for sure, and that the English people are the ugliest people to ever grace God's green earth. For real, I read that in the National Geographic Magazine a few years back. They also wrote that the Russians were the best looking.

My sister-in-law, who is from that island is like....fugly.... nasty...just look at the queen, Prince Charles, or Margaret Thatcher....there's some bad incestious genes there. :D

I personally think the Italains are the best looking.

Look at this cat.....ugly.

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

You are full of ----.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sixgun wrote:Not sure about the flag thingy, but one thing is for sure, and that the English people are the ugliest people to ever grace God's green earth. For real, I read that in the National Geographic Magazine a few years back. They also wrote that the Russians were the best looking.

My sister-in-law, who is from that island is like....fugly.... nasty...just look at the queen, Prince Charles, or Margaret Thatcher....there's some bad incestious genes there. :D

I personally think the Italains are the best looking.

Look at this cat.....ugly.

:shock: :o Mama Mia :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Dang Blaine....ole' buddy, ole' pal.........she's a beauty......looks like a perfect match for you. ......if she would have you.......you know, you might have to slip her a c-note. :D -------6

PS......you got to get up really early in the morning if you want to get the upper hand on me.......and on top of that, you need to take your "smart pills". :D (Hint...they look and smell like rabbit stuff...go ahead and eat a whole barrel of them....just pretend they are jelly beans, covered with bacon fat. D )
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sixgun wrote:Dang Blaine....ole' buddy, ole' pal.........she's a beauty......looks like a perfect match for you. ......if she would have you.......you know, you might have to slip her a c-note. :D -------6
Your concern is touching, Brother but those beauties are strictly an east coast phenom....
:lol: :lol: Dang auto correct...should have been Bother
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV