Get used to the colder winters for the next 30 years!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Get used to the colder winters for the next 30 years!

Post by crs »

I just finished the book Dark Winter by Casey wherein he summarizes how the sun has recently entered a "solar minimum" and the reduced energy output from the sun will result in slightly lower average temperatures around the globe with some not so pleasant side effects for life on earth. The cooler period should only last about 30 years before the minimum ends and if you do not want to read the book, you can read about it by clicking on the following link:

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/dark-wi ... id/607672/ :shock:

This just in!
Global Warming rally canceled due to cold weather

see: http://lubbockonline.com/interact/blog- ... OT64_nF-Sp
Last edited by crs on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Re: Get used to the colder winters for the next 30 years!

Post by SteveR »

I have been saying for years, is that it is the sun that warms the Earth, not co2 gas. It is all in cycles, and we are headed in to a cold cycle now.

Funny how they found old Viking settlements(1000AD) in Greenland a couple of years ago when the ice melted to reveal them. If the 20th century has been the warmest, then did the Vikings build under the ice? No, of course not. But it was warmer then (1000AD), than even now, so how did humans then create all of the CO2 gas??? They didn't it is all cycles.
I get a little vomit in my throat as I type this, Al Gore is the one who is pushing all of this madness called global warming, now Gore has made multi millions of dollars off this scheme, and people still believe in global warming.

Steve
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

I know a few people who were into Al Gore's theory and it seems every sentence would end in "global warming". Now they are changing their tune and calling it "climate change" :!: Go figure!

Mainehunter :wink:
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

:lol:
Mainehunter wrote:I know a few people who were into Al Gore's theory and it seems every sentence would end in "global warming". Now they are changing their tune and calling it "climate change" :!: Go figure!

Mainehunter :wink:
They got caught, so change names and confuse the low intelligent voter. :lol:

Steve
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Archaeologists have irrefutable proof that Greenland once flourished with farms, and people. England was once as nice as Italy, and southern France. Let's help the third world (including Russia, China, eastern Europe) clean up their act, and stop trying to wreck the USAs economy, and standard of living. :evil: :evil:
We had a little mini ice age in the fifties. In central Ohio, we measured snow in feet, not inches 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

SteveR wrote:I have been saying for years, is that it is the sun that warms the Earth, not co2 gas. It is all in cycles, and we are headed in to a cold cycle now.

Funny how they found old Viking settlements(1000AD) in Greenland a couple of years ago when the ice melted to reveal them. If the 20th century has been the warmest, then did the Vikings build under the ice? No, of course not. But it was warmer then (1000AD), than even now, so how did humans then create all of the CO2 gas??? They didn't it is all cycles.
I get a little vomit in my throat as I type this, Al Gore is the one who is pushing all of this madness called global warming, now Gore has made multi millions of dollars off this scheme, and people still believe in global warming.
Yep...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

BlaineG wrote:Archaeologists have irrefutable proof that Greenland once flourished with farms, and people. England was once as nice as Italy, and southern France. Let's help the third world (including Russia, China, eastern Europe) clean up their act, and stop trying to wreck the USAs economy, and standard of living. :evil: :evil:
We had a little mini ice age in the fifties. In central Ohio, we measured snow in feet, not inches 8)
There is also archaeological evidence that the Vikings when finding North America, called it Vineland, because of the grapes they found growing in off the coast of Canada. After the last ice age that caused the dark ages, which like you said caused so much loss of crops from England and much of upper North America. The weather has not warmed back up to those levels since and now points to even worse colder conditions.

Steve
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Just based on core samples that are brought up every time a drilling rig goes tripping, the Earth's climate has never been steady for any real length of time. These constant changes have been going on for much longer than what human activity has been happening. People who believe in Global Warming as the theory espoused by Albert Gore, Jr, are deliberately deluding themselves. The fossil evidence is available.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

The simple presence of humans and their pollutants on earth is sucking the life out of the sun.

It's true. Anyone who denies it must me a Republican, a homophobe, or a RACIST.

:shock:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

I like to ice fish anyways so I'm good with it :D
mack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mack »

What lever gun chambering would you recommend for wooly mammoth and cave bears?
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

is that it is the sun that warms the Earth

Wait, what? Well, who woulda thunk that?

(grin)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

mack wrote:What lever gun chambering would you recommend for wooly mammoth and cave bears?
45-70, but never, ever a .444 :twisted:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

BlaineG wrote:
mack wrote:What lever gun chambering would you recommend for wooly mammoth and cave bears?
Has anyone besides me ever watched Tremors and yelled at Burt Gummer to get a 45-70?
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I'd go 50-100-450 (50-110 case with heavier bullet) with high velocity smokeless loads and Barnes 450's and some heavy cast 450's, 500's or whatever was working on african stuff.

1886 action, shotgun butt, full magazine, 22" round barrel medium light weight.

...and a friend with another one.

sore shoulder wrote:
BlaineG wrote:
Has anyone besides me ever watched Tremors and yelled at Burt Gummer to get a 45-70?
No, but I think I've watched it with you when you were yelling at him to get a 45-70. :D

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

BlaineG wrote:
Sad statement for someone usually so well informed. 444 is the ultimate moose rifle. a specific Canadian thing. 8)
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

The Earth's climate is always changing and is very cyclic. In between the big ice ages there are little ice ages. Blain eluded to the cold 50s and 60s. Correct. We were hunting deer in shirt sleeves in the 90s. Remember the stories of cold during the American Revolution?
Gobbler
Then if you step back further you get the Big Ice Ages cyclic picture.
Click Click Boom
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Gobbler,
Nice color charts!
Thank you for the contribution.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

BlaineG wrote:
Yup. :D :D :D
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

sore shoulder wrote:
BlaineG wrote:
I'm sorry I blasphemed....I yelled "Reba hand him the RPG!!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
TWHBC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TWHBC »

I find this very informative, and the graphs of climatic temperature changes over time very interesting, THANKS! :)

But from a personal point of view, mankind is sure dirtying up the planet, which has many deleterious affects, which mankind will ultimately suffer from. :x

I believe it may have been Eisenhower who said " Beware the military industrial complex".
Updated it should be " Beware the broadcast entertainment complex" for their false, sensationalist stuff posing as reporting! :cry:
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Those charts are cool - thanks!

I gotta say, I can't help but be amused by these
"predictions." Weather forecasters have lots of
trouble telling us what's going to happen 10 days
out, but the weather for the next 30 years - no
problem! :o :lol:

-Stretch
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Sounds good- i've got pac boots and plenty of Under armour cold weather gear! Bring it on---- i doubt Oklahoma winters will ever rival a Minnesota or North Dakota winter, so i should be good
----- Doug
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

PileDriver
415000yrs.png
Grizz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

firefuzz wrote:
sore shoulder wrote:
BlaineG wrote:
I'm sorry I blasphemed....I yelled "Reba hand him the RPG!!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob

I like in the 2nd film where Burt emphasizes just how final the separation is from his wife by saying "she wrote me and said send her the HK91". "Dam Burt that's rough" LOL
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

For those that are interested or those in need of more convincing, here is a link to more interesting information on the grand solar minimum:
https://nextgrandminimum.wordpress.com/ ... 2015-2050/

Note that the first/latest post was also the result of having just read Dark Winter.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Great information. Thank You. Last night on the local weather they said that this month was the coldest February on record in Ohio since they started keeping records. time to buy more hard coal. :D .
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

More cold weather? I don't know if we can take much more of this low 50's much longer.

Brrrrr..... 8)
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.