Gonna Upgrade Tommorrow !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Gonna Upgrade Tommorrow !

Post by 6pt-sika »

I think tomorrow I'll finally trade up or upgrade my I Phone 4 . Initially I had thoughts of just getting a 5S but I think I'll get on with the program and get the I Phone 6 . Even gave consideration to the I Phone 6 Plus but that things to big for my shirt pocket and I don't really need anything extra it has to offer ooverf the IP 6 .

It hasn't been that long ago I wasn't even interested in a cell phone much less an I Phone of any description .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Gonna Upgrade Tommorrow !

Post by Tycer »

The camera alone is worth the jump. I've got a 5 and my kid's 6 is amazing. The 5 doubled the speed of the 4 and SIRI is very, very useful.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Tycer wrote:The camera alone is worth the jump. I've got a 5 and my kid's 6 is amazing. The 5 doubled the speed of the 4 and SIRI is very, very useful.
Glad to hear that as I've pretty much done away with my old Nikon Coolpix digi cam and have been using the IP 4 . So if that's the case my pictures should be slightly to a good bit better not that I thought the one the IP 4 took were bad !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

You know it still burns my a...s...s !

About ten years ago I wasn't the least bit worried about a PC or a CP . Now I have one desk top , 4 lap tops , a tab and the I Phone !

And where ever I may be generally I have a laptop and the IP with me .

It sorta s...u...c...k...s what the technology has brought us to in that people rely so heavily on this stuff !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I'm kinda curiouse how many deer have gotten by me while on stand the last couple years while I was texting someone or surfing the net :roll:
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

i-what?

Not a fanboi of anything without a keyboard (the last was the Moto Droid 4) but I am a Biker/Leverguner. I need a Phone that won't break... and doesn't need a "deathcase" or whatever to keep it from dying at my lifestyle.

I'm a pretty big fan of the Kyocera Brigadier (Sapphire Composite Screen... almost unbreakable) and is MilSpec for shock/dust/and, nearly NFPA rated for explosive environments...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I went from a BlackBerry to an iPhone 4S a few years ago - then went to a Samsung Galaxy S5 and have never been happier (with phone technology anyway). I like the iPhone, but three things drive me nuts about it:

(1) You can't expand the memory. Want more? You need to buy a bigger phone.
(2) You can't change the battery.
(3) You have to use iTunes - and no matter what anyone says, it is not as easy as "drag and drop".

First thing I did with the Samsung is put in a 64GB memory card. All my personal data is on it (this is a work phone). Great battery life. And copying anything to the card or phone is a breeze! :D
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I went from a BlackBerry to an iPhone 4S a few years ago - then went to a Samsung Galaxy S5 and have never been happier (with phone technology anyway). I like the iPhone, but three things drive me nuts about it:

(1) You can't expand the memory. Want more? You need to buy a bigger phone.
(2) You can't change the battery.
(3) You have to use iTunes - and no matter what anyone says, it is not as easy as "drag and drop".

First thing I did with the Samsung is put in a 64GB memory card. All my personal data is on it (this is a work phone). Great battery life. And copying anything to the card or phone is a breeze! :D
Your needs in a phone and mine differ a good bit !

For memory I don't need a lot . I never keep more then 100-200 pictures on it and what I save in my emails is relatively small . The I tunes thing for adding apps is a PITA for sure .

The biggest need for the IP for me is obviousely the phone itself , but I also use it as a hotspot at home for my PC . Matter of fact that's how I'm on the net as I type this .
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I need a phone that I can type on. NONE EXIST (post 2012).

I need a phone that can be dropped in the mud, stepped on by a cow, and run over by a feed truck... Very Few Exist.

I need a Phone that does the above and can still let me post to Leverguns...

As far as I can tell, only ONE exists... and (unfortunately?) it is a Verizon/Bear Grillis branded product The Kyocera Brigadier. (Screen only broke when hit directly with a hammer...)

I'd have one today if I could get int it for no money up front, but I'm kinda stuck until June '16 before I can replace my 2012 Droid 4... (don't ask...)

(oh... that model sells so fast up here in/around the oil fields that they can't keep it in stock. They have plenty of Samsung/i-whatsit/motodroids available though...)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I'm a really big fan of the Samsung but the one I have was a slave of US Cellular to such an extent that I couldn't even replace the battery with an off the shelf. Wish I could get it off their network and just buy minutes as I need them but many conversations with other providers say it can't be done. Anyone here with better info?
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

6pt,

My family got me the iPhone 6 plus 64G for Christmas. I love it. The big screen has excellent HD quality, and does several things even the iPhone 6 doesn't do. One neat feature that I have found useful is the home screen will rotate 360deg. it will also do landscape mode for emails and texts and has a column on the left showing list of emails or other texts. It has been to the field several times now and fits in my pockets and seems as durable as the last few iPhones I've had. Battery life is great, and it's initial thin profile means even in a hard case it isn't very thick. It truly has become a pocket computer.

And of course it comes with Apples remarkably user friendly and intuitive software and apps that are completely vetted for security before Apple allows them in the app store, and the largest selection of apps on the market.

If the plus is bigger than your needs the 6 seems to strike a balance, but after using the 6 plus for several months I have found nothing but advantages, and when comparing to my first iphone 3Gs that still works it makes that 3 look tiny.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Verizon......Does everything. Daughter has I Phone....she's had three of them in the time I've had my one phone. They break, they go out of date quickly. My Galaxy Note 2 will update itself automatically. It has a great camera, and a replaceable memory card. I love my I-Mac computer, but I wouldn't own an I Phone if it was given to me....YMMV :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
joepb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by joepb »

I just took over my wife's old flip PHONE so I am moving up.................Joe
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Blaine, the iPhone 4s will run iOS 8, the newest apple OS and apps, so I'm not sure what you mean by go out of date quickly. My wife is now using my 2 year old iPhone 5 (we never "upgraded" to the 5s due to bad reviews), and was using a 4 year old 4s with no problems when I gave the 5 to her. My daughter is also still using a 5.

My 3Gs still works and I use it as an iPod etc, all the apps still work and it has internet access through wifi, it is just not update-able to the newest OS, newest OS it will run is iOS 6. But it's also only 6 years old. :lol: Considering it started with iOS 3.0 I think that is a pretty impressive spread of operating systems on 6 year old hardware.

I have found the iPhones to be extremely durable, and I'm well known for breaking things.

I wonder if your daughter isn't just working you for new phones all the time. :lol:
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

sore shoulder wrote:Blaine, the iPhone 4s will run iOS 8, the newest apple OS and apps, so I'm not sure what you mean by go out of date quickly. My wife is now using my 2 year old iPhone 5 (we never "upgraded" to the 5s due to bad reviews), and was using a 4 year old 4s with no problems when I gave the 5 to her. My daughter is also still using a 5.

My 3Gs still works and I use it as an iPod etc, all the apps still work and it has internet access through wifi, it is just not update-able to the newest OS, newest OS it will run is iOS 6. But it's also only 6 years old. :lol: Considering it started with iOS 3.0 I think that is a pretty impressive spread of operating systems on 6 year old hardware.

I have found the iPhones to be extremely durable, and I'm well known for breaking things.

I wonder if your daughter isn't just working you for new phones all the time. :lol:
She buys her own phones, and has for years, and years..... Wasting your breath with me on phones....I know better. :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV