Leverguns in movies .....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Leverguns in movies .....

Post by new pig hunter »

amazing.... I just watched a 1955 film noir crime movie, "Illegal", with Edward G. Robinson. No cowboys in sight, just lawyers and criminals, everybody wearing a suit in downtown L.A.

In one city street scene, the bad-guy hood (nicely dressed in a suit) takes a shot at Robinson. The good-guy detectives (also nicely dressed) pull out a pistol and a levergun and shoot the hood.

A levergun ??

Cheers,

Carl
MountainSmith
Levergunner

Lara Croft

Post by MountainSmith »

In one of the Lara Croft Tomb Raider movies it shows riding a horse through a primitve type training range shooting a short barrelled lever gun. Looks like a Winchester ranger if I remember right. Pretty cool! I like that Angelina!
Go with God
wildmanh
Levergunner 1.0

Post by wildmanh »

Lots of Levergun action in the movie CrossFire Trail. :)

Heber
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I was watching some movie where one character says "hey, could you check my deer rifle?" Yep, a Winchester M94 carbine. Just a throw away line but there was the gun. A different time.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
destroyer4570
Levergunner

Post by destroyer4570 »

I'm new to the forum but i've been reading it for awhile now.This topic promted me to post a reply and introduce myself. Have any of you seen the new Resident evil movie? they have a cool leveraction on there it appears to be one that shoots handgun cartridges at any rate the actress is working the lever on the rifle as fast as she can whacking away at zombies.
"ONE SHOT,ONE KILL"
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Welcome to the campfire destroyer. Cool movie, good to see you can kill Zombies with a good ole Levergun! :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dastook »

game keeper wrote:Welcome to the campfire destroyer. Cool movie, good to see you can kill Zombies with a good ole Levergun! :wink:
Just goes to show, them lever guns is good for everthang. :P :P
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

destroyer4570 wrote:I'm new to the forum but i've been reading it for awhile now.This topic promted me to post a reply and introduce myself. Have any of you seen the new Resident evil movie? they have a cool leveraction on there it appears to be one that shoots handgun cartridges at any rate the actress is working the lever on the rifle as fast as she can whacking away at zombies.
Welcome to the forum.

The Resident Evil series is one of my favorites. Clair Redfield is shooting a Winchester Mdl 94AE carbine with what looks like a Williams FP rear sight mounted. The cartridges she grabs off the seat look to be .45 ACP rounds, but when they cut to her actually loading the rifle you can see they are long rifle rounds she's loading into it.
I've never tried to count the rounds she supposedly fires, but you know with editing they always fire more than the gun can hold.
I may just watch it again to take a better look.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Cast&Blast
Levergunner

Post by Cast&Blast »

How about Arnold's lever shotgun in Terminator 2: Judgement Day?

I love how he works the lever one handed while riding the motorcycle, spinning it around.

Ridgerunner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ridgerunner »

As I recall, the lever shotgun was an aluminum mockup for the spinning scenes....Just saw remake of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD starring a '73 Winchester lever being wielded by a cute redhead. Of course there's the final scene in ARMY OF DARKNESS where Bruce Campbell rides the rolling cart at the dead gal levering away, M99 Savage carried by John Carradine in THE HOWLING, M92's used by the boat crew in CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON. [/b]
Confederately yours,

Ridgerunner
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

Awhile back several of you recommended the old movie "The Night of the Grizzly" with old Clint Walker. I enjoyed the lines from Clint, when told about the monster Grizz who roamed around on the ranch he bought, he said, "well, a 44-40 ought to take care of it". Some pretty good lever scenes in that movie as well, I found it cheap on Ebay after waiting for the right seller.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

How about "Lonely are the Brave"? I saw a couple or three lever guns in the trailer!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

IIRC about the most leverguns in a single scene in any movie was "Streets of Fire".

Somthing like 30 Leverguns get pointed at the BG under the L in downtown Chicago.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

I think the movie was "Manhunt" with Charles Bronson and Lee Marvin. Several leveractions in that one. I think a Savage and Winchester, IIRC.

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Marc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marc »

Hobie, I was just thinking I ought to see that movie again! IIRC Kirk Douglas carries a 92 Winchester. I don't remember what else is in there but some of the other characters do use leverguns. Kirk said that was his favorite movie of all he had done.
Gryphon Black
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gryphon Black »

Okay, gang, yer missin' the funniest one of all on this thread!

SEAN OF THE DEAD!

The big scene toward the end where they all gather at the pub, which is called "The Winchester", after the owners old classic levergun hanging on the wall! Then, as the zombies are invading, they take the old Winnie down off the wall, find the contraband bullets he'd stashed for it, and start wasting zombies left and right!

Can you do it more righteous than that? :twisted: :twisted:

I mean, as long as we're on the topic of wasting zombies with leverguns...

Gryphon
bang.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

...well, here is one from "Once Upon a Time in the West":

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

SEan of the Dead was a stupid movie, but I sure liked his levergun! In fact, I was flipping through channels, and that's the only reason I stopped to watch it!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rod WMG »

Did anyone else see the Bogart movie with Walter Brenan where they kept a levergun on the Bogie character's boat? I can't remember the name of the film.

The rifle was used sparingly, but Bogie shot out a searchlight with it at one point...with one shot!
A man's heart devises [or schemes] his way, but the LORD directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

"The Lucky Lady" starring Gene Hackman, Burt Reynolds, and Liza Minelli about bootleggers during prohibition. One seen has Burt Reynolds in a high seas firefight with gangsters fight for control of illegal liquor distribution, his weapon of choice a model 94 Winchester, he worked the lever pretty quick, and from the shoulder.
budliteguy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by budliteguy »

Anyone remember The Moonshine War From 1970 with Patrick McGoohan,
Alan Alda and Richard Widmark. Moonshiners using Winchester's against Tommy Guns. Patrick McGoohan carried the BAR in his suit case. I never remember him shooting it though.