Adios Amigo's

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Adios Amigo's

Post by GonnePhishin »

Just wanted to say its been fun but its time to say Adios Amigos.
Shalom and Blessings to all.............
Unclebuck
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Adios Amigo's

Post by Lassiter »

Write if you get work :)
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

Well reckon what happened
Why is everybody quitin
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

What did I miss?
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:?: :?: :?:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Not another good guy leaving ...…... :cry:
Please UncleBuck, reconsider... :)
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:What did I miss?
I was just gonna ask the same thing... :?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

This is getting bad. Casastahl (sp) last month, now UncleBuck. Pretty soon there will be nobody left.

Where is everyone going?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Well unless we missed another dust up, I would assume because this forum has turned into "every other forum". Go read the topics on the first page. Then go to another "gun" forum and read the topics on their first page. I'll bet you'll find most of them are about the exact same things, and none of them guns let alone lever actions.
Slow is just slow.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Adios uncle buck.

Bulldog too, gone. Adios.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

J Miller wrote:This is getting bad. Casastahl (sp) last month, now UncleBuck. Pretty soon there will be nobody left.

Where is everyone going?

Joe
You're still here! :D
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:idea: The ones kvetching about No Gun Posts rarely post about guns. :(
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Many of the other "guns only" forums are like reading a "how to" for grade school kids. 90% of the threads are ultra basic questions from someone who can't pick up a book or research anything firearm related. How many "should I crimp my rifle rounds" and "what powder and how much do I use in my .38 Special?" posts can one read? I think Leverguns is like a bunch of fellers with a common hobby/lifestyle sittin' 'round the pot bellied stove shootin' the sh*&!. Still lots of gun stuff, but it seems cyclical or seasonal...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

We talk about leverguns when we get around to it. After a while all the levergun topics have pretty much been talked out.

Kind of like a fella that went into a bar with an old friend. His old friend was a regular at the place and knew everybody. After they were there a while some guy at the far end of the bar shouted out 15, and everybody laughed. A minute later a guy sitting at a table shouted out 6. The new guy looked at the old friend and asked What's with the number shouting and laughing? The old friend explained that everyone there was a regular and had been for many years. He went on to explain that since they had all told all their jokes to each other over and over again that now they just had all the jokes numbered and rather than taking time to tell the whole joke, when someone thought of a joke they would just shout out the number and everyone knew what joke they were talking about. Oh said the new comer, I see. He thought about it a few minutes and shouted out 12! With that everyone stopped and looked at him briefly then went on talking. He asked his old friend, did I do something wrong? No, he said it's no big deal. Some people can tell a joke and some can't.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

We're "shooting the pelosi"....See, a shooting subject. :twisted:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Sorry to see folks choosing to leave. I stop by and see if theres things going on I want to read or participate in, but when it gets slow or off topic, I still keep coming back.

It is hard to talk strictly about lever guns, and nothing but leverguns. The subject matter isnt unlimited. The part that makes it different is this is a community, and communities have more going on than single subjects or issues. This is a place many feel at home or comfortable to talk about other things that matter (even other types of guns!!), which is just a part of being a community. I just dont sweat it much if it isnt always about leverguns. Those subjects come along. I think I'd prefer to have people disagree about other things than Marlin vs Winchester, or 30-30 vs 32 special.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Without "off topic"subjects this forum would be just like some other forums I can think of. Here the forum is fast moving unlike those other on topic only boards . Many of those boards move so slowly that I check in once every six months or so and did not miss a thing. All the same posts still up, YAWN.
You don't have to read em all! :roll:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Bye. Have a safe trip and let us know when you get back.

I'd probably leave too. But then I miss Joe talkin' about me:
J Miller wrote:Pretty soon there will be nobody left.
Since I might become the last one here, would that make me "nobody?"
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

And don't forget the member's unique contributions, like Blain's puntastic posts...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Griff wrote:Bye. Have a safe trip and let us know when you get back.

No. You'd be "everybody"!
Have you hugged your rifle today?
SargeMarlin
Levergunner 2.0

Post by SargeMarlin »

Griff, I got the giggles after reading this. Even now I'm struggling to type cause my belly keeps shaking.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Folks come and go for various reasons. That's the way it's been as long as I've been around, even back at the old forum more than 10-12 years ago. I always hate to see regulars depart, but let's not forget the new members we've picked up that have become just as valued as the old timers that have moved on. The forum isn't exactly like it used to be back when I found it. Not saying it's better or worse, but it is different, you can form your own opinion about that. But I still feel like there isn't another gun related forum that's as good as this one for civilized folk to just be a community of like minded (mostly) individuals.
NRA Life Member
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

TedH wrote:Folks come and go for various reasons. That's the way it's been as long as I've been around, even back at the old forum more than 10-12 years ago. I always hate to see regulars depart, but let's not forget the new members we've picked up that have become just as valued as the old timers that have moved on. The forum isn't exactly like it used to be back when I found it. Not saying it's better or worse, but it is different, you can form your own opinion about that. But I still feel like there isn't another gun related forum that's as good as this one for civilized folk to just be a community of like minded (mostly) individuals.
+ 1 :wink:
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

In a word, I find this forum "comfortable"............................. 8)

It's just too bad that not everybody's comfortable with it.

Via 'con Dios, UncleBuck.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

J Miller wrote:Where is everyone going?
Who is John Gault..................????????????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Chuck 100 yd wrote:Without "off topic"subjects this forum would be just like some other forums I can think of. Here the forum is fast moving unlike those other on topic only boards . Many of those boards move so slowly that I check in once every six months or so and did not miss a thing. All the same posts still up, YAWN.
You don't have to read em all! :roll:
Yep...!
Malamute wrote:Sorry to see folks choosing to leave. I stop by and see if theres things going on I want to read or participate in, but when it gets slow or off topic, I still keep coming back.

It is hard to talk strictly about lever guns, and nothing but leverguns. The subject matter isnt unlimited. The part that makes it different is this is a community, and communities have more going on than single subjects or issues. This is a place many feel at home or comfortable to talk about other things that matter (even other types of guns!!), which is just a part of being a community. I just don't sweat it much if it isn't always about leverguns. Those subjects come along. I think I'd prefer to have people disagree about other things than Marlin vs Winchester, or 30-30 vs 32 special.
Double-yep....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Malamute wrote: It is hard to talk strictly about lever guns, and nothing but leverguns. The subject matter isnt unlimited. The part that makes it different is this is a community, and communities have more going on than single subjects or issues. This is a place many feel at home or comfortable to talk about other things that matter (even other types of guns!!), which is just a part of being a community. I just dont sweat it much if it isnt always about leverguns. Those subjects come along. I think I'd prefer to have people disagree about other things than Marlin vs Winchester, or 30-30 vs 32 special.
I mean REALLY, if I can handle reading about Savage 99s, Winchester 88s or even '95s... other non-levergun topics should be a welcome change!!! :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

Malamute wrote:Sorry to see folks choosing to leave. I stop by and see if theres things going on I want to read or participate in, but when it gets slow or off topic, I still keep coming back.

It is hard to talk strictly about lever guns, and nothing but leverguns. The subject matter isnt unlimited. The part that makes it different is this is a community, and communities have more going on than single subjects or issues. This is a place many feel at home or comfortable to talk about other things that matter (even other types of guns!!), which is just a part of being a community. I just dont sweat it much if it isnt always about leverguns. Those subjects come along. I think I'd prefer to have people disagree about other things than Marlin vs Winchester, or 30-30 vs 32 special.

+1

This is still the go to forum for nearly all things levergun.

It IS about community.

spaceman
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Griff they all ready made an old western movie about you, "A Man called Nobody" see you all set for fame when we are all gone.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

Happy trails Brother.
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

This is about the only forum that I visit on a daily basis. Elsewhere I can go once a week or once a month and catch up on everything I've missed.
I'd be curious to know where folks are going that they think is better than here.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

claybob86 wrote:
J Miller wrote:This is getting bad. Casastahl (sp) last month, now UncleBuck. Pretty soon there will be nobody left.

Where is everyone going?

Joe
You're still here! :D
Yep, I sure am.

I'm not going anywhere, so if you're nobody, then we can be nobody together.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I don't see why members just leave the forum. I've been here since '01 and with all that is going on now with three little Grandsons I hardly have time to shoot, but I am here everyday weather I post or not. I could never put in words all that I have learned and enjoyed on this forum. Jim.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Adios Amoeba. Ride well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com