NOE 115 gr 32-20 mold shoots nice!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

NOE 115 gr 32-20 mold shoots nice!

Post by EdinCT »

I bought a double cavity 313316 type mold from NOE with the changeable nose pins. It had one cavity for gas check and one plainbase. I thought hollow points for the handgun I hope to buy and a gas checked bullet for the rifle. I loaded the checked bullet in Starline nickel cases to tell they were rifle only loads over 10 gr of 2400 and stepped out back and gave them a try at 50yards. Just rested my elbows over the bench and shot 3 pretty quick. I think they will do and I will get after the coyotes with them in a few weeks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Re: NOE 115 gr 32-20 mold shoots nice!

Post by Dusty Texian »

Good shooting!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

That looks like a good 32wcf load, should great for coyotes

I keep my old 92 32wcf by the back door of and on, it is handy.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Yes, those will do just fine!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

Very nice! I bought the plain base version for a 32 Mag heavyweight. Great mold, great bullet. Gotta love NOE.

Eric
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

Run thru a sizer? Good looking group. Would be the cats patoot in my Browning 53. Will put that mold on my "to buy" list.
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I've been taking my 32/20 bullets and sizing them on down to .309 to use for nice plinkers in my 30 cal rifles. I would have thought that degree of sizing would damage them too much but they appear fine (the .314 Ranch Dog bullets sized down to .309 have shot at least as well as the 120 grain bullet that casts up .311 that I had been using). But the .311 bullet is in a 2-cavity and the .314 in a 6-cavity and man can you turn 'em out in a 6 cavity. So I've been going that route.

I use a Star, which is a push-through and may contribute to the good result with the considerable sizing. If I didn't have the Star I would use the Lee push-through. I suspect the old Lyman would not do as well performing this amount of sizing, though I don't know that for certain.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

Les my Marlin 32-20 rifle will take a .313 bullet so that is what I size them. I us a RCBS lubrasizer that I've had 44 years or so. I Agree with Earl on the lee push through though. I always feel its is a little off center but they shoot ok. I have used a top punch that is larger for some cast to help them find there own center.