JNYorkand other Yuma snowbirds.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

JNYorkand other Yuma snowbirds.

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I plan on spending my next winter in Yuma, instead of the Gulf Coast. You help "run" the silhouette club there, is that correct? What are the calibers you can use for the half scale shoot on saturdays, and is a 22 WRFM with the 45gr. Dynapoints also acceptable? Thanks Todd ......I found the website but it wont let me open it up on this computer.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Re: JNYorkand other Yuma snowbirds.

Post by jnyork »

Todd, we will be happy to see you next winter, and hope you will find your stay here to lots of fun.

We shoot every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday morning. Tuesday is our .22 benchrest day, none of us have any really fancy benchrest rifles, just shoot what you bring. Wednesdays are at the silhouette range for practice, sighting in, etc. Some bull is shot here as well. :lol: Fridays are our silhouette shoots. We shoot on the 1/2 scale targets, the shoot is patterned after the NRA lever action smallbore and pistol caliber matches, although we done abide completely by their rules, for instance there are no equipment rules, shoot what you bring, your .22 mag will do just fine. 40 shot match, 10 shots at each animal. We have about 45 people in the club, on a good day almost all of them will turn out, the average age is over 70. :D We also have regular NRA sanctioned matches one Saturday per month.

If you wish, you can email me or PM me, I will be glad to help you get set up here, find you a place to stay, etc.

Best Regards.

Jerry
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jnyork wrote:Todd, we will be happy to see you next winter, and hope you will find your stay here to lots of fun.

We shoot every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday morning. Tuesday is our .22 benchrest day, none of us have any really fancy benchrest rifles, just shoot what you bring. Wednesdays are at the silhouette range for practice, sighting in, etc. Some bull is shot here as well. :lol: Fridays are our silhouette shoots. We shoot on the 1/2 scale targets, the shoot is patterned after the NRA lever action smallbore and pistol caliber matches, although we done abide completely by their rules, for instance there are no equipment rules, shoot what you bring, your .22 mag will do just fine. 40 shot match, 10 shots at each animal. We have about 45 people in the club, on a good day almost all of them will turn out, the average age is over 70. :D We also have regular NRA sanctioned matches one Saturday per month.

If you wish, you can email me or PM me, I will be glad to help you get set up here, find you a place to stay, etc.

Best Regards.

Jerry
That sounds like about the most fun a fella could have with a box of .22 LR..... :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Thanks Jerry, sounds great, and at 54, I guess i will be the rookie there. BlaineG, You and Mescalero wanna show up?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Blaine, you might as well hook up your trailer and come on down, half the population of Washington state is down here already. :D
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jnyork wrote:Blaine, you might as well hook up your trailer and come on down, half the population of Washington state is down here already. :D
No trailer as of yet. Washington gets more screwed up, I might be down around Prescott, give or take fifty miles, sooner than planned.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

BlaineG wrote:
jnyork wrote:Blaine, you might as well hook up your trailer and come on down, half the population of Washington state is down here already. :D
No trailer as of yet. Washington gets more screwed up, I might be down around Prescott, give or take fifty miles, sooner than planned.
Are you aware they have WINTER in Prescott? :shock:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jnyork wrote:
BlaineG wrote:
Are you aware they have WINTER in Prescott? :shock:
Well, not much of one.... I don't think I'd care for those 100+ days too much.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Blaine, take your summers in ShowLow, winters in Yuma... Drag the trailer all over in between!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote:Blaine, take your summers in ShowLow, winters in Yuma... Drag the trailer all over in between!
ShowLow is very, very nice place....I stayed there a couple nights and looked around.....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Griff wrote:Blaine, take your summers in ShowLow, winters in Yuma... Drag the trailer all over in between!
At least 4 members in our club do exactly that, either ShowLow or Prescott. Not a bad life at all. :D
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

Check the Weather in Showlow now, also the snow fall.
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

jnyork wrote:
At least 4 members in our club do exactly that, either ShowLow or Prescott. Not a bad life at all. :D
you might wanna try the Cottonwood/camp verde area...wonderful thousand trails there and well within driving distance of Prescott, Sedona, Jerome and even flagstaff...lotsa history to see in the area...
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers