marlin 1894 cowboy in 32 mag

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Monte
Levergunner

marlin 1894 cowboy in 32 mag

Post by Monte »

I saw three 1894 cowboys on gunbroker just in case someone was looking for one.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

oooh, sounds like a prime opportunity for a 32-20 conversion. I think the 32-20 cleans-up a 32 H&R chamber doesn't it? Or are they chambering the the CB's in 32-20 now? Can't remember fo sure...

I'm not a fan of the 32 Mag - nothing wrong with it, just one of those cartridges like 40 Smith & Wesson that are tweeners.

Not that I don't have any such tweeners- but most of mine are rifle rounds - .243, 6.5x55, .270 Win, .308, 30-06 - baby steps....

Regardless, thanks for the heads up! :D
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Harry O
Levergunner

Post by Harry O »

The 32-20 does not clean up a .32H&R Magnum chamber. It appears that it would clean up a .32 S&W Long chamber. I had my S&W NewModel 16 in 32H&R rechambered to 32-20. Fired cases look like a double bottleneck. However, it is one of the most accurate handguns I have, so it does not seem to be a problem.