Who has .357 Mag bulk Ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jackrogers3
Levergunner

Bulk sell ammo for a Rossi .357

Post by Jackrogers3 »

Sorry to intrude again.. but I forgot to ask this question. Does anyone sell bulk qty .357 suitable for a Rossi Lever rifle?

Thanks
Jack
A ballot not secured by a gun is meaningless
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Try Georgiaarms.com
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
allhands
Levergunner 2.0

Post by allhands »

Check out cabelas, or cabelas.com. They will ship it free to your nearest cabelas retail store also......
Bill Nowicki
Headed "upta camp"
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ursavus.elemensis »

You can also try The Hunting Shack. http://www.thehuntingshack.com/catalog/ ... index.html

I looked at the Cabelas ammo web pages, and I think you can do a lot better than that. I usually order most of my ammo from Georgia Arms, but The Hunting Shack has some good prices on .357 Mag. Natchez also tends to have good prices for ammo, particularly .223. I also buy 7.7 x 58 mm JAP ammo from Graf and Sons, and from Cabelas.
"A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people"
-The Declaration of Independence
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Surprised nobody has pointed this out yet, but man, if you want "bulk" quantities, you need to reload.

How about .357 Mag rounds for $4/box of 50? That bulk priced good enough for you?

Lee makes a kit that sells for $80...
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

We know that, but when somebody wants to buy, they want to buy. :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

It makes less sense now with the price of ammo as hig as it is, but back when I could get bulk at $12-$15/50 (vs 20-25) I bought my first 2000 rounds of reloading brass pre-loaded with SJSP... :wink:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ursavus.elemensis »

I may be able to get set up this summer for reloading. Not sure how it's going to go. Just read an article in the PA Game News from April about the basics of beginning to reload. Plus, I've been nudged by some of you folks a few times. Right now, time is hard to spare. I'm way behind with stuff at work, behind with stuff at home, and I'm about 20% of the way into building a sizable model train layout in what was my dining room, so I've got my projects cut out for me. Ammo can be made (i.e. reloaded) or it can be bought. The cost of buying it is the cost of paying someone else to load it for me (i.e. factory ammo), and right now that is a cost that makes a lot of sense for me to be paying. Brass is piling up in my basement, and maybe someday I will re-load some of it, but what the reloaders have to understand is that reloading safely takes time (even with a progressive press) and I do not have the time for everything I want to do or need to do.
"A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people"
-The Declaration of Independence
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Hobie, I can't resist an opportunity to promote reloading ;)
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Gryphon Black
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gryphon Black »

Time is the factor left out of the $4/box figure.
I saved my brass for a long time, and only now have a reload setup. Haven't worked through all that brass yet. I hear ya...

Best would be if you knew somebody local who could reload for you, and then you'd be keepin' it in the fambly, so to speak, as well as getting the load recipe that works for your guns.
Then, when you're ready to start up, they can teach you the hobby.

Anybody out there close to you? Maybe on one of the reloading forums?

And, when do we get to see pics of the kyewl train setup??? 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Gryphon
bang.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

Old Ironsights wrote: but back when I could get bulk at $12-$15/50 (vs 20-25) I bought my first 2000 rounds of reloading brass pre-loaded with SJSP... :wink:
Yup, me to. I still use the boxes it came in.
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

ursavus.elemensis wrote:I may be able to get set up this summer for reloading. Not sure how it's going to go. Just read an article in the PA Game News from April about the basics of beginning to reload. Plus, I've been nudged by some of you folks a few times. Right now, time is hard to spare. I'm way behind with stuff at work, behind with stuff at home, and I'm about 20% of the way into building a sizable model train layout in what was my dining room, so I've got my projects cut out for me. Ammo can be made (i.e. reloaded) or it can be bought. The cost of buying it is the cost of paying someone else to load it for me (i.e. factory ammo), and right now that is a cost that makes a lot of sense for me to be paying. Brass is piling up in my basement, and maybe someday I will re-load some of it, but what the reloaders have to understand is that reloading safely takes time (even with a progressive press) and I do not have the time for everything I want to do or need to do.
Keep saving that brass, then sell it. Someone is ALWAYS looking for .357 brass. Occassionally, you'll find someone looking for .38's but it's rare. When you do sell it, use those funds to buy a Dillon 550. The Square deal model B is pretty good,(it's what I use) but only good for pistol rounds.
I can load 3-500 rounds in an evening, without being in any particular hurry. I just bolted it to an old end table and set it up next to my recliner. I guess that's what my wife get for complaining about me spending too much time out in the garage, reloading.
Now, she bitches about waking up at 3 a.m. to the sound of the press!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1