Good friends

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Good friends

Post by walks with gun »

I now have a EpiPen, my friend gave it to me while he was dying. It seemed real important to him that I have it.
BobM
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Good friends

Post by BobM »

Took me a minute
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:lol:
(Stealing)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Real nice of him, reckon he wanted you to have it.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

BobM wrote:Took me a minute
+ 1...... :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

I'm going to have to go to a pump gun forum, I'm waaay to slow for this one. I don't get it. :oops:

Edit; looked up Epipen, (never heard of it) reread post.......er......er.....Oh doh, yup, yup, Junior Bear here, I think I got a headache. Durr :lol: :lol:
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
NRA Life Member
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

SWISSSSHHH......what was dat?........didn't get it at all..guess I'm just too naive..
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Ohhhh! Now I get it (I need more coffee). :lol:
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Old joke amongst EMTs...

But frequently repeated nonetheless.

Frankly, (as someone who carries an EpiPen) if you have the mental wherewithall to hand someone else your Epi-Pen, you can still use it yourself. That's why they were adopted over the Vial type AniKits.

And "LEGALLY", as an non-Paramedic EMT in Wyoming, I cannot actually stab you with your own Epipen.

I can "hold your hand" while "you" use it, but without the Holy Writ of a "license", no one other than the prescribed party can actually "legally" stab themselves with one...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »

Old Ironsights wrote:Old joke amongst EMTs...

Frankly, (as someone who carries an EpiPen) if you have the mental wherewithall to hand someone else your Epi-Pen, you can still use it yourself. That's why they were adopted over the Vial type AniKits.

And "LEGALLY", as an non-Paramedic EMT in Wyoming, I cannot actually stab you with your own Epipen.

I can "hold your hand" while "you" use it, but without the Holy Writ of a "license", no one other than the prescribed party can actually "legally" stab themselves with one...
All I can say to that is if I am dying and have an EpiPen but am unable to use it and you don't.....I'm coming back to haunt you for the rest of your days! :mrgreen:
The Lord Bless You

Terry
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

41 Redhawk wrote:

All I can say to that is if I am dying and have an EpiPen but am unable to use it and you don't.....I'm coming back to haunt you for the rest of your days! :mrgreen:
Just because you are "unable to use it" doesn't mean your hand won't be firmly around it as it is slammed into your thigh...

I'm "helping". That's what the "law" (acck spit) "requires".
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

And yet here they allow teachers to do it. Knowing quite a few local teachers that is just plain scary.

Back when the whole EMT/paramedic thing began the rules weren't always well defined. In addition I was in the service. We did things that would turn an attorney's hair white or at least make him smile with greed. We used to joke that it was the wild west of emergency medical treatment. I'm sure there may have been one or two that died, but a whole lot more are walking around (or at least died much later) from what we did.
Last edited by jeepnik on Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Totally agree. I hate the .gov/lawyers and the whole mentality that makes it hard/impossible for me to save someone's life.

It's beyond Stupid.

There are things that I am fully trained and capable of doing that will save someone's life that are "illegal" for me to do as an EMT...

But as an "unlicensed good samaritan/first responder" I can do with virtual impunity.

It's utter madness.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Old Ironsights wrote:Totally agree. I hate the .gov/lawyers and the whole mentality that makes it hard/impossible for me to save someone's life.

It's beyond Stupid.

There are things that I am fully trained and capable of doing that will save someone's life that are "illegal" for me to do as an EMT...

But as an "unlicensed good samaritan/first responder" I can do with virtual impunity.

It's utter madness.
I thought (UhOh :shock: ) that if you were Off Duty, any aid was protected under a Good Samaritan Law? At least here in WA, that's what they told us at our mandatory 1st Aid Classes at work.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

BlaineG wrote:
Old Ironsights wrote:Totally agree. I hate the .gov/lawyers and the whole mentality that makes it hard/impossible for me to save someone's life.

It's beyond Stupid.

It's utter madness.
I thought (UhOh :shock: ) that if you were Off Duty, any aid was protected under a Good Samaritan Law? At least here in WA, that's what they told us at our mandatory 1st Aid Classes at work.
That was part of the original intent. Then the lawyers got involved. Nuff said.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »

jeepnik wrote:
BlaineG wrote:

It's beyond Stupid.

It's utter madness.
My wife is an ER Technician. The lines of what she can do and can not do are pretty much black and white when she is at work. IE, she can start an IV and draw blood from it but can not start any thing into the patient. Once off duty, as others have said, it becomes a good bit more murky. Where as the Samaritan laws protects us non-professionals, those who are professional and more able to actually help may not enjoy that protection. The net effect is that some professionals (not her) will not offer assistance outside their workplace for fear of reprisal if all doesn't go well.
The Lord Bless You

Terry
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

41 Redhawk wrote:
jeepnik wrote:
BlaineG wrote:

It's beyond Stupid.

It's utter madness.
My wife is an ER Technician. The lines of what she can do and can not do are pretty much black and white when she is at work. IE, she can start an IV and draw blood from it but can not start any thing into the patient. Once off duty, as others have said, it becomes a good bit more murky. Where as the Samaritan laws protects us non-professionals, those who are professional and more able to actually help may not enjoy that protection. The net effect is that some professionals (not her) will not offer assistance outside their workplace for fear of reprisal if all doesn't go well.
Had one years ago. I was on my way to work. Mother rolled car, kid not belted in, bounced around like ping pong ball. I stopped as did another gentlemen. As I worked on the kid he just stood there and watched. But it was not voyeurism. Talked to him after the kid was taken off in the ambulance. He was an MD. Told me he would have stepped in if I started to do anything wrong, but didn't really want to touch the kid due to liability.

On the plus side, we kept in touch until he passed a few years ago. Nice guy who cared but was restrained by the work of lawyers. Sad really, one has to wonder how many have died or suffered permanent injury because trained folks were afraid to be sued.

Oh, and I let my license lapse years ago. Wasn't using it and saw the way things were going. Now I'm just a "good Samaritan".
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"