Walther P99 DAO 9mm

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Walther P99 DAO 9mm

Post by FWiedner »

I'm in the midst of putting a coat of oil on a pile of firearms I've inherited from my late father's accumulation.

Among the handguns I've found a Walther P99 DAO 9mm. Semi-auto, German made steel slide with a polymer frame, 15rd magazine. It's a bit thick for my body-type for CCW, IMO, but I might give it a try.

Feels good in the hand, and it's pretty light. Haven't shot it, but it looks like a candidate for 'field-testing' during my next visit to the range.

Anybody ever own or use one of these?

I'd be interested in your evaluation, thanks.

Looked deeper into the bag and there's a Walther P38, and a S&W Model 10-5 in there too.

:)
Last edited by FWiedner on Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Walther P99 DAO 9mm

Post by Tycer »

Sorry for your loss. Congrats on the guns. Walter makes fine guns.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I have always liked the Walther P-38, mostly because I can actually shoot one very well. I guess they just fit me. I've had several over the years, mostly with Nazi markings so someone else wanted them more than I.

I recall once, shooting with a bunch of my compadres on the bank of the Arkansas River, I was challenged with shooting a beer can about 75 yards away on a sand bar. I was shooting a wartime P-38 that someone had nickeled so I chambered a round and using the single action fired the shot duelist style making the beer can hop out of the sand. I took the accolades and declined to shoot at it again.

The one I have now is actually a P-1, meaning it has the alloy frame. It came with the original holster and 3 Walther magazines. All look new.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

The P99 shoots well. Never owned one but shot half a dozen extensively. Not my personal favorite but I would carry one without hesitation.
old06
Levergunner 1.0

Post by old06 »

I have the same one but in 40 S&W it is my most accurate hand gun same German manufacturing it carries well for me enjoy your gun
Psalm 16:1 Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

M. M. Wright wrote:I have always liked the Walther P-38, mostly because I can actually shoot one very well. I guess they just fit me. I've had several over the years, mostly with Nazi markings so someone else wanted them more than I.

I recall once, shooting with a bunch of my compadres on the bank of the Arkansas River, I was challenged with shooting a beer can about 75 yards away on a sand bar. I was shooting a wartime P-38 that someone had nickeled so I chambered a round and using the single action fired the shot duelist style making the beer can hop out of the sand. I took the accolades and declined to shoot at it again.

The one I have now is actually a P-1, meaning it has the alloy frame. It came with the original holster and 3 Walther magazines. All look new.
Looks like the one I have is a P-1 also.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.