HK-91 clones on sale at CDNN

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

HK-91 clones on sale at CDNN

Post by AJMD429 »

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: HK-91 clones on sale at CDNN

Post by Grizz »

Not much interest?

I have one and I like it a lot. There is a lot to like. 20 round mags run a few bucks at gun shows and maybe 5 for brand new ones. Takedown is two pins and the whole thing is open. It is a very different action from the AR. It is said to be blowback operated, but the clever designer uses gas to assure the brass kicks out. It is a machine gun action with a semi-auto trigger and is happy with high rates of fire. It is battle field accurate, meaning center mass as far as you can see. When I got mine I could find original G3 accessories, such as the clamp mount and BDC scope. Good glass in old German optics. There is a a ptr model that comes with a pic rail welded on. And there is a rail that clamps to the receiver's clamping points.

Everything that fits the G3 and the semi-auto version fits the pt91 too. It's as reliable as a drum/magazine fed firearm can be, and plenty accurate for most hunting chores. Plus it's something of a workout to hump around, good for we elders as a workout device. I figure it's appropriate for the outdoors because, in spite of being a small-bore arm, 21 rounds in a second or two should disconnect most bears and 'hadis in a second or two . . .

It handles M80 ball and .308 hunting loads with equal ease, and I've read that it handles lead ammo equally well, and possibly reduced loads in case someone wants AAC blackout performance from their main battle rifle.

Sometimes it can feel heavy, but I judge that to be an indication of my physical condition rather than the gun's fault. And tricked out .308 ARs aren't so lightweight either.

And with the paratroop collapsing butt wire stock the 90 is quite compact, about the size of AR pistols, but with the longer barrels for longer range.

I haven't actually shot mine in a while because the poop has not yet reached the rotor . . . but it is a lot of fun to shoot with what I guage as soft recoil. I say this from side-by-side comparison to the Savage 99 in .308, which has attention getting recoil, as the Savage is miffed at my interest in my 21-chucker Model 91. Harrumph. :D
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

And you can get wood furniture and hog stickers if you want to.

C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

is the bayonet still available? and the attach gizmo? do you have a link?

thanks
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
stubbicatt
Levergunner

Post by stubbicatt »

My PTR is the only bottom feeder I own. I rarely shoot it. It is an early JLD rifle, with the tight chamber and 10 flutes which does not like most milsurp ammo. Which today is fine as I haven't seen any South African or Radway Green surplus in a decade or so. For me it is a hand loading only proposition.

I had Bill Springfield do the trigger and the paddle mag release, which together make the rifle perform much better than it did when I purchased it.

Back in the early 2000's the Bundeswehr was dumping all its 308 stuff. What a wonderful time to be alive and have a few coins to rub together. Have a bunch of new magazines I paid $.50 apiece for, the 22 long rifle sub caliber kit which was dirt cheap, the Hensholdt scope, which is a marvelous piece of kit, as well as the night vision, bipod, wide fore end, ambi selector, heavy buffer, etc. Altogether it has proven to be an excellent rifle.

Really good accuracy as well.

I do not have personal experience with the new PTR 91, Inc., rifles, but hear good things.
92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

Yeah, I picked up one of those .22 kits just in time to see .22 disappear the last time :lol:

Love the rifle, btw. Them krauts is awful clever.