POLITICS - Police action in the city of brotherly love

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

POLITICS - Police action in the city of brotherly love

Post by rjohns94 »

Here is the link of an arrest of three individuals and the story as posted on AOL. Our news here is filled with this story. At the risk of starting another topic doomed to be locked ( so lets keep it nice), here is the link:

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/philadelph ... 1200060281

My questions are in the areas that may not be answered based on the data, but this "pack attack" had to be prompted by something, some threat or perceived threat. Who on station was in charge and why was this not controlled? What circumstances could cause such a rage to be used?
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

One of theirs was gunned down in a ambush last week. This response was do to a gun run. You can't threaten these turds with jail or with losing their possessions the only thing that gets their attention is primal. PAIN
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Yep, Three policeman have been killed in Philly this year. The report says this arrest was based on a drive by shooting earlier and the police witnessed it. However, no firearms were found in the car. Dealing with violent inner city gangs, having one of their own killed, and ....... must have put them over their edge. Seems they had the situation under control when they had the car stopped and surrounded by many drawn firearms. Certainly seemed to have it under control when the driver was pulled from the car and put on the ground before the kickings started. The front seat passenger seemed a bit reluctant to get out of the car as you can see a baton being used to break the window, but he was quickly put on the ground, and the rear passenger was on the ground shortly after that. THEN the beatings commenced . Shame for the force and the city. It kinda looked like katrina aftermath. I don't know what caused this.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Kismet
Levergunner 2.0
Location: New Hampshire (wishing I could move back West, darn women)

Post by Kismet »

Definitely not excusable. But, this bit in the article really got me...

The mother of one of the suspects said she was outraged. "I'm horrified to see that our city cops would beat some human being like they did, like a gang-style fight," Leomia Dyches said. "I'd like to see them tried for what they did."

[speculation] As opposed to the nobility of your son and his friends who had just shot three people on the street.[/speculation] Gee, thanks for that Leomia. Apparently your mothering did not keep you son from becoming a drive-by shooter.

This is clearly one place where police power and personal responsibility intersect.

Michael in NH
"The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." -- John Steinbeck
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Kismet wrote:This is clearly one place where police power and personal responsibility intersect.
Well said. It's unfortunate though if these guys did the crime that this police action may get them off the hook. Of course, you would know better than I if that's a likelihood.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:
Kismet wrote:This is clearly one place where police power and personal responsibility intersect.
Well said. It's unfortunate though if these guys did the crime that this police action may get them off the hook.
+1 on both. With the national coverage, I expect all of these thugs to sue the city silly, and retire to a nice comfortable life. What a crock.

I'm not excusing the LEO's here - but I think everyone needs to remember that they are just human beings, with families, friends, frailties, and failings...
Jeff Quinn
Shootist

Post by Jeff Quinn »

What would happen to any of us if about 8 of us were videotaped kicking s downed an incapacitated police officer?

It is disgraceful what those cops did. Most police officers are professionals. Those guys were punks, no better at all than the man that was on the ground. Those cops should not be suspended. They should go to prison.

If the man being kicked had committed a crime, he should have been tried in court for it. If any of us here saw a video of someone treating a dog like those punk cops treated that man, we would all be outraged.
Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com
BruceB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BruceB »

Jeff Quinn wrote:What would happen to any of us if about 8 of us were videotaped kicking s downed an incapacitated police officer?

It is disgraceful what those cops did. Most police officers are professionals. Those guys were punks, no better at all than the man that was on the ground. Those cops should not be suspended. They should go to prison.

If the man being kicked had committed a crime, he should have been tried in court for it. If any of us here saw a video of someone treating a dog like those punk cops treated that man, we would all be outraged.
At least they didn't shoot 'em 50 times. :wink:
GOD SAVE THE UNITED STATES!

Original member of Leverguns.com forum

NRA Life Member

Boy, what a mess them .45's make.

When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away.
Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dastook »

I see Sharpton is on the "Band Wagon" this morning saying this is worse than the Rodney King incident.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.