Shiney Objects

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Shiney Objects

Post by vancelw »

These things followed me home over the past few months...
Silverboy and Luger LG.jpg
Silverboy and Luger2 LG.jpg
The rifle is an Uberti Silverboy. I had been thinking about one for a while. After my dad passed this Spring I took my Mom and sister to the airport so mom could go to Montana for a visit. I killed time at Bass Pro shops while I waited to make sure their flight got off on time. The Silverboy was on clearance sale and I re-homed it. :D
It's designed for LR but will shoot Longs. Shorts won't feed consistently. Sweet little shooter, though.

The pistol is a Mauser 42 byf Luger I bought off of my mom's neighbor. Collector value is ruined by the chrome, but I'm not a collector, I am a shooter. At least the chrome job is a really nice job! I don't know the history of the pistol, but the man who brought it home was a tanker in North Africa and then later in the Ardennes. I have a photo of his discharge, his medals, and his Separation of Service.

Yes, I have shot it. And will again. I need to find another magazine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Shiney Objects

Post by Blaine »

Very nice. :mrgreen:

(Minor footnote: It's sad that these days if a US Military person brings back a trophy he gets court marshaled, and sent to jail.)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

I'm sure someone with a sand blaster could fix that carbine fore you.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Is that the finish wearing or is it a camo job?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Shiny Objects

Post by vancelw »

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the finish on the rifle. It's just so shiny I can't get a photo without it reflecting EVERYTHING.

I LIKE it! I have over 20 leverguns so I can stand at least one being bright and shiny. It's for plinking, not hunting, so shiny is a non issue.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Roger bad reflections!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!