It's here!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

It's here!

Post by GunnyMack »

Got the call from my LD about 2 this afternoon. I was just finishing up the job for the day so I headed right over to pick up my new CZ 410.

Fill out the paperwork after waiting my turn, guy ahead of me buying 2 AR lowers...no cash on hand, CC machine not working. He leaves to find an ATM.
Gent behind the counter says to me you might have to come back, phones/ computer are on the fritz. That other guy has been waiting for his BC for almost an hour.
I tell the guy I'm in no rush. We start Bashing the current administration and its unlucky hopeful to pass the time.
Low and behold my BC comes through! Out the door I go with my new iron in hand!
Case color is nice but left side of receiver is kind of black, but rest has good color. Nice wood, some good figure. I've seen better and I've seen worse. I put it together and try the triggers, OH MY GAWD the right trigger must be over 10 lbs! Left trigger feels nice at about 4-5 lbs. guess tomorrow I'll take it apart and see what/ how the polishing is like on the sear.
Blueing is nice and dark, rib appears tot have a low spot near the lump but nothing that'll bother me. LOP feels good and pitch seems good. Have to SHOOT IT!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: It's here!

Post by Blaine »

I hope you can iron out the bumps.....It's rare to have a CZ that is not nearly perfect.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I hope so too, it's not gritty just HEAVY.
I'm sure it'll smooth out with use but I want to see the guts for myself, lube everything and then go shoot some birds!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

If we had an Academy in Oregon I'd buy one of the little Yildiz .410 SXS shotties. They get a lot of great reviews for the money. Had the CZ for a while, but now it is killing quail in Texas. It was a nice enough gun. Hope you enjoy yours!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Took these last night. Finish was kind of dull so I spent half hour trying to find my can of Ultra Finish, still no idea where I left it, I tried liquid flitz and cotton ball. NOW the stock shines!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

lovely wood :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The description on gun broker said it had upgraded wood. The pics showed blonde wood, not as much figure so I was very surprised when I opened the hard case and saw this wood. I'm happy with the wood!
That pic I took before I rubbed out the finish.
Getting ready to take it apart and work on the triggers.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

It brings back old memories. Years ago I had an Iver Johnson Skeeter. I sure wish I had it back.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So I took it apart to do trigger job, right barrel broke about 8.7-10.0 lbs! Not consistent at all. Left barrel was nice but almost 7 lbs.
I found many burrs to clean up, sear angles were good, but the worst thing I found was the right sear had a high spot where the sear pin went through to hold it in receiver. After a few hours of gentle stone work both triggers fall in the mid 5 lbs range. Still a bit heavy but I'm from believer in getting it close then use it so it can wear/burnish themselves in.
If I have to go back in I will.
Overall, the inletting is very good, metal work is good, but for a production gun made in Turkey I'm not grousing.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Gunny, congratulations on that wood figure. CZ often ships shotguns with a dull, muddy finish hiding a nice surprise below.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thanks, the upgraded wood was one of the reasons I bought it.
As you said, the finish WAS muddy. A little elbow grease and a fine polishing compound does wonders!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!