OT: Lexington and Concord

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

OT: Lexington and Concord

Post by ursavus.elemensis »

I've got two weeks off from work in mid-June, and I was thinking that it might be nice to take a run up to Lexington and Concord to see where our Nation's freedom began. It is fitting, and proper, that our first act as a free people was to defned our collection of firearms against those agents of tyranny who came to confiscate them. As the Supreme Court is set to rule in June on the "unsettled question" of our RIGHT to keep and bear arms, I thought it both fitting, and proper, to vist the place where it all began.

QUESTIONS:
1. I'm from the central PA area, and will be driving up. Has anyone been to Lexington and Concord, and if so, what is there to see there, and how does one go about visiting these hallowed places? Are there organized parking areas, structures, markers, etc, or is it just an area that one parks their car along the road and walk around basking in our freedom and heritage?

2. How much time should I plan for taking in the area? An hour, fifteen minutes, all day...?

3. I will be travelling with Trevor and Oscar, my 8 year and 1 year old dogs. So, are there any special bits of info I need to know regarding dogs? Surely the Nazi Park Service does not prohibit dogs at a place important to the history of freedom, or do they? Any nice places to stay nearby that allow dogs?

Thanks
Last edited by ursavus.elemensis on Fri May 09, 2008 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people"
-The Declaration of Independence
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

You might wanna give up a week's vaca. :roll:

If You Go

The Freedom Trail Foundation
www.thefreedomtrail.org
Information about 16 nationally significant historic sites in Boston, as well as tours and special events related to the American Revolutionary War.

Green Dragon Tavern
11 Marshall Street, Boston
617-367-0055

The Paul Revere House
19 North Square, Boston
617-523-2338
www.paulreverehouse.org

Old North Church
193 Salem Street, Boston
800-981-4776 or 617-523-4848
www.oldnorth.com

Hancock-Clarke House
36 Hancock Street, Lexington
781-862-1703
www.lexingtonhistory.org

Buckman Tavern
1 Bedford St., Lexington
781-862-5598

Minute Man National Historical Park
174 Liberty Street, Concord
978-369-6993
www.nps.gov/mima

Longfellow National Historic Site
105 Brattle St., Cambridge
617-876-4491
The home where poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow lived from 1837 to 1882, including the time when he wrote his famous poem about Paul Revere.
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ursavus.elemensis »

Thanks for the links...

It is a shame that this stuff has fallen into the hands of the Park Service. We really need to abolish that Federal usurption and restore this stuff to the States.

Anyway, I've been to the Green Dragon Tavern in Boston, the plce where the Revolutionary War was planned. I'm not sure if it is original or not, buit it was nice to visit and have a beer or two.
"A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people"
-The Declaration of Independence