New Uberti 1873 in .357

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Missedshot
Levergunner

New Uberti 1873 in .357

Post by Missedshot »

I may be beating a dead horse here but here goes. Will the new Uberti in said caliber hold up to extended hunting ammunition use? No hot loads, just factory hunting/self defense loads. Uberti lists the 1873 in .44 Remington magnum also but I haven't seen one yet. I've read Paco's article which was written some time back and found it very informative. I was just wondering about the currently produced rifles.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: New Uberti 1873 in .357

Post by gamekeeper »

I would have no worries' the toggle link is stronger than a lot of people think.
Welcome to the forum :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

gamekeeper wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:18 am I would have no worries' the toggle link is stronger than a lot of people think.
Welcome to the forum :D
+1.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Missedshot
Levergunner

Post by Missedshot »

So those of you with a Uberti 73 how many thousands of rounds before toggle issues? Ive read of broken firing pins and bolt ears breaking. Any cowboy action shooters out there?
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I am, (well, used to be) a cowboy shooter. SASS #30883. I shoot 44-40 in a couple of Uberti 73s. I've never kept count but it's a bunch and I think the answer to your question of how long 'till it starts having problems? About a hundred years. The only rifle I've ever had to start stretching the action was a Spanish 92 clone. What did they call that thing? Oh yeah, El Tigre! Well made and mine was in great shape but obviously of soft steel.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

I have one in 44-40 that I shoot at Metallic Silhouette. Round count has to be over 3,000 now, never a problem.