Places to shoot in New England ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Places to shoot in New England ?

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

:?: Just wondering where the members in the New England area shoot? I live in Rhode Island and have been looking for a range to either shoot at (pay) or join within 100miles of RI. Thanks for any info. :?
Last edited by CEMENTHEAD on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks around here. Sorry can't help you out. I don't know Rhode Island. Somebody here probably will though. Best of Luck. 1886.
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by airedaleman »

Check with Hamlton Rod & Gun Club in Sturbridge, Mass. They had an excellent rifle range (200 meters) with a paved, covered firing line, benches, etc. Separate pistol range with shooting house. They were redoing their trap and skeet ranges when I retired about 4 years ago.
(We used to go to Misquamicut [sp?] quite a bit, and it seems to me that it was less than 50 miles from there to home.] Hope you find a place to shoot. Good luck!
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Welcome to the fire, cementhead !

There's many gun clubs, here in RI - and a couple of municipal ranges, open to the public, too.

Alas, there's no emaill addy in your profile, so if you'd like, either email or PM me for details.
JRD
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JRD »

Cementhead,
There is a list of clubs in RI at http://www.rihunts.com/
You can start looking at clubs based on which part of the state you are in.
I'm in northern RI and shoot cowboy action at the Manville Sportsmen's Club.

Jason
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Pete44ru wrote:Welcome to the fire, cementhead !

There's many gun clubs, here in RI - and a couple of municipal ranges, open to the public, too.

Alas, there's no emaill addy in your profile, so if you'd like, either email or PM me for details.
Just click on the e-mail icon Image at the bottom of his post. :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

:D Pete44ru, Sorry about the Email thing, got that changed. I tried to use that Lotus notes thing.... no clue! Easier this way for me until I get one of those computer dummy books! Went to Tangy's in W Wrwk, with some of the guys from work to check the bows out, we killed all the 3D targets Jimmy has. We're all set for Monday. Thanks for any info.