Some new Winchesters for me!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

Some new Winchesters for me!

Post by Aussie Chris »

Gday there people. Went to an auction down here with dad a couple of weeks back and picked up myself a few nice model 94 Winchesters AS EVERY MAN SHOULD DO
I bid on 6 and won 5 of them. Didnt pay too much and got now when I think about it great bargains.
The 4 that are new and unfired are all comemmoratives. 2 of these came new mint in their boxes!!

From the top- The two at the top and the one at the bottom are rifles I already have.

The top is my 9422
2nd rifle is my first ever rifle: 30-30 Ranger

Auction wins: 3rd rifle: A rare case coloured and engraved what I ahve seen called an 'antique' model 94 here on leverguns, made in 1978. I love the blueing and this will be a shooter!

4th rifle: Antlered game comemmorative in 30-30 Unfired but no box

5th rifle: Unique muscat style full length fore arm piece. RCMP (Royal mounted Canadian Police) comemmorative in 30-30 ,22'' barrel. Not many of these uglies around. Unfired

6th rifle: Beautiful New in box Little Big Horn Comemmorative in 44-40. Dads really got his eye on this one. It is mint and nice.

7th rifle: This is my prize!!! I wanted this no matter the cost! I actually did very well with the price considering even what I have seen these go for on gunbroker over there. I didnt even pay over $1000 for it It is the Legenday Frontiersmen comemmorative in 38-55. It has the right sized barrel 24'' and looks magnificent! The wood is what one would expect on the higher grade big dollar Winchesters and this one is soo nice! It is new in its box and I will be shooting this one! Can't wait to start reloading for it. From the research I have done the old 38-55 can hold its own.

The bottom rifle is a Bicentennial comemmorative that I gave to dad on his 50th Birthday.

So I guess you guys and gals can tell I have a thing for nice model 94 Winchesters

The only catch is that I won't be able to fire any of them until late October because of some hard core training I must endure for my new career.

Heres all my Wichesters:

I love this case coloring

New in Box!!
A man can never have too many WINCHESTERS...
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Sweet collection :mrgreen: !Yup I like the color casehardened (3rd)model also. 8) Thanks for a excellent post.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

That sure is a nice set ya got there. :D
A perfect day can only be achieved while hunting
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

Sweet! Are you going to shoot the NIB guns?

The LF is a lovely rifle. I paid $1000 for mine and it had been used. No regrets though.
Last edited by Bruce Scott on Wed May 21, 2008 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Aussie Chris »

Thanks guys. Yeah I will be shooting the Legendary Frontiersmen Bruce. I don't think I will fire the Little Big Horn in 44-40 dad really wants it anyway. The LF is a great rifle! I think it just looks right with the long barrel. I wish my other Winchesters had long barrels. Do you reload for it Bruce? I will be reloading for it in the future..any recommended loads?
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Ya know, Chris, gloating is an ugly thing...but in this case, I'd say it's unavoidable! :D Nice rifles!
Have you hugged your rifle today?
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

All I can say is WOW!! :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

You'll love playing with the .38-55!
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

Aussie Chris wrote:Thanks guys. Yeah I will be shooting the Legendary Frontiersmen Bruce. I don't think I will fire the Little Big Horn in 44-40 dad really wants it anyway. The LF is a great rifle! I think it just looks right with the long barrel. I wish my other Winchesters had long barrels. Do you reload for it Bruce? I will be reloading for it in the future..any recommended loads?
Chris,
I haven't started reloading for it yet. I was able to get onto a good supply of factory carts to get started shooting.

You'll be able to get plenty of advice here from other reloaders.

BTW, what training are you up for?
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

Outstanding, good score. :D
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger
Pop Watts
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pop Watts »

Well done on the model 94 collection there. Your Legendary Frontiersman looks to have some well grained timber on it. I have one as well and it has a great burl on the rear timber. You will enjoy shooting the 38-55, especially now that there seems to be a supply of brass available again here in Australia. Love that musket as well. Doesn't look ugly to me.

Happy shooting - when you get the chance.

Pop.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Great collection you have there. :D
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

real nice collection ya got there!
Congrats...enjoy them
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

Great looking collection!!! :D :D :D I just got an Antique and the 38-55 also. They are great fun
Pop Watts
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pop Watts »

Chris, just read the rest of your post. I have started reloading my 38-55 and am still working on what is best for it. I am not hunting with it, just plinking really so my loads are moderate ones that I also run through my old 1894 (made in 1895). I will be stepping up a bit soon for the newer 1894 to see how it goes with a few stouter loads. I am off to Thailand for a couple of weeks tomorrow morning, but if you e-mail me at bill_bailey@aapt.net.au I will let you know what I am loading with components available in Australia. Bless our American brothers who are on this forum but they have gear available to them that I certainly cannot find here.
I am currently looking at another original 1894 in 38-55 made in 1905, octagon 24" barrel with full length magazine and in take down. In great condition - but asking price is around the $3000 mark - still counting my pennies to see if I can afford it.
Pop.
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Aussie Chris »

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen. Yeah I suppose I have a good excuse for gloating :D

Pop, that 38-55 sounds nice! Good luck with the purchase. I will start asking some load questions when I am free to shoot it in a few months.

Thanks guys :)
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

What a great way to start posting!!! 8)
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

most excellent :D
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot