Community action request Re: fleabay

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Community action request Re: fleabay

Post by AmBraCol »

Guys, a friend pointed out that somebody over on evilbay was using Jeff Quinn's name (of http://www.gunblast.com)and intellectual property to promote an item of their's - completely without authorization of course. Jeff's not got an account over there and I offered to drop the guy a note - to which the guy answered not. I sent a second one and then contacted ebay three or four times. The guy ended the auction early - but never took down Jeff's name or material as requested. I'd like to ask any of y'all who have an account over there to drift over to the ended item and then scroll down to the part that says "Report this item" If enough of us do this perhaps fleabay will take appropriate action. Utilizing another's intellectual property and name without permission for your own gain is despicable. You'll have to have an account with 'em in order to act on this. Most of us who did have long since stopped using their services - but our accounts are still active unless you've taken steps to deactivate them... Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... AQ:US:1123

Thanks!
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Done, although Jeff needn't have an EBay account to file a complaint for theft of intellectual rights. The line for the EBay account is shown as (optional). View the Contact Customer Service area and select the appropriate topic, sub topic and specific violation. (They list unauthorized use of intellectual property).
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Edumacate me.....I thought EBay had dropped all gun related items........We even talked about that here......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
CindyLea
Levergunner

Post by CindyLea »

Copied and pasted from Ebay's page:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/fir ... nives.html

You may have to click on the "some examples" arrow button, just under the policy.

Firearms, Weapons and Knives

Firearms are prohibited on eBay. Since many firearm-related items, gun parts, gun accessories, stun guns, crossbows, hand weapons and throwing knives are not permitted on eBay, sellers must carefully review the ‘Some Examples’ section below before listing these items and adhere to all the policies outlined.

Furthermore, because of the varied international laws related to the sale of these items, those that are permitted may only be sold on eBay U.S under the following two conditions.

The item is sold by sellers who are located in United States and

The item location is also in the United States.

Note: US sellers must offer only domestic shipping on these products, since offering global shipping will make the product available in countries where prohibited.

Weapons listed on eBay U.S. must comply with the California Penal Code covering the sale of weapons, as well as this eBay policy. Otherwise, these items are not permitted on eBay.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

Some Examples

Firearms, Ammunition, Firearm Parts and Accessories: eBay prohibits members from listing firearms, ammunition, as well as certain parts and accessories. Any part or accessory that is required for a gun to fire is not permitted. This includes, but is not limited, to the prohibited items listed below.

Firearms
Prohibited
Actual firearms, including collectibles and antiques.

Replicas, paintball guns, "air soft" guns*, replica, toy guns, cap guns and "look-alike" guns if they do not have clear markings permanently affixed to them (commonly blaze orange markings on the barrel or a blaze orange plug inserted into the barrel) or if they are readily convertible to shoot a lethal projectile

BB guns, air guns, pellet guns, blank guns, black powder guns or muzzle-loader guns. Listings that use the term “BB gunâ€
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

AmBraCol consider it done on my part :wink: !
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Not sure that there is really a case for plagerism or intellectual theft. As it appears to me, the man was selling a product that Jeff had done a review on and he posted the product review in the add to tell about the product.
When I first heard of ebays new policy I balked as well. However, ebay does continue to sell more firearms related products than KMART and some WALMARTS.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
budliteguy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by budliteguy »

I was on E-bay this evening and some guy was selling a complete Thompson Center Hawken piece by piece and I added up the bids and with shipping on each seperate piece it came out to over $423.00 and he had an hour left on it. There's ways to get around their rules.
Montanan
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Montanan »

Because of E-bay policy I do not shop there.