I have too many Winchester 94s now!!! w/ photo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

I have too many Winchester 94s now!!! w/ photo

Post by mod71alaska »

It was a beautiful fall day today here in Maine, a perfect day to clean and oil rifles out on the deck before it gets too cold. I really needed to make a long over due gun safe inventory, too. Lately, for my Winchester 94s at least, I've been guessing trying to remember exactly what was in the safe. So, the 94s came out first today and were treated to lots of TLC. The other rifles in the safe will get looked at, cleaned and oiled tomorrow.

Today I discovered I have more Winchester 94s and a different mix of 30wcf and .32ws calibers than I recalled! (OK, maybe I'm closer to "early senility" then I reckoned, too!!!)

Well, I knew you guys would want to see a pic so I lined 'em up and clicked. All these 94 carbines are in excellent to near mint/mint condition. From l to r: 1949 long wood/no receiver sight D/T; 2 Flatbands; 5 prewars; 2/3 mag prewar; and a beautifully restored 1928 SRC. Front: 1956, '57, '58 Model 94s.

I don't have kids or grand kids to pass these on to so I've decided I just have too many Winchester 94s now. I guess it's probably time to sell some. (I have too many other rifles, too, but that's for another post.) Stay tuned.....
Last edited by mod71alaska on Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
win40-82
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win40-82 »

no way a person can have too many, not posssible. my wife might think so, but not me.
there is no such thing as a miss if you still have ammo
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

mod71alaska
I don't have a son or grandson to pass these on to, so I've decided I just have too many Winchester 94s and it's probably time to sell some.
Ummmm, I'm up for adoption. I'd make a good grandson. And you know I like Win 94s :D :P .

Joe
Ysabel Kid

Re: I have too many Winchester 94s...pic

Post by Ysabel Kid »

mod71alaska wrote: I don't have a son or grandson to pass these on to, so I've decided I just have too many Winchester 94s! It's probably time to sell some. (I have too many other rifles, too, but that's for another post.) Stay tuned.
Victor - Joe beat me to the punch! I'll send up the adoption papers shortly - and will throw in a grandson in addition to myself (as a son)!

Besides, that way all of your great levers can just rejoin the 1895 I purchased from you already (which, I'm sad to say, I still haven't had a chance to go out and shoot! :cry: )
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Victor - Joe beat me to the punch! I'll send up the adoption papers shortly - and will throw in a grandson in addition to myself (as a son)!
OK you would be sons and grandsons, you get all the debts and liabilities, too!!! Yippee!!! :D :D :D
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Victor,
I don't think it's possible. Why I only see 13, and not a rifle among them! With over 30, I'm Winch 94 rich. But, even I have some variety, although I've not seen a carbine with a short mag like that 2nd from the right. :wink:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Junior
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Junior »

How about a nephew to leave them to? I love my youngest brother's son like he was my own.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Nice collection.
Hobie

Re: I have too many Winchester 94s now!!! w/ photo

Post by Hobie »

mod71alaska wrote:

Too many? :?:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

I'm not available for adoption, but I will soon be opening a Marlin and Winchester shelter/halfway house for lever action rifles in need.
You will not need to get your rifle neutered nor dose it need to have all its shots. Heck we will even pay for the shipping.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Somebody has to like the new ones - that'd be me, 85-05. Beautiful here too. Long Beach yesterday, Jimmy's Fish Grill - great place - love the cherrystones on the half shell. Back in the desert today.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

O - K, Victor !.......And, even a nice pack basket, to stick one in, whilst a-trailin' ! :P :P
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Griff wrote:Victor,
I don't think it's possible. Why I only see 13, and not a rifle among them! With over 30, I'm Winch 94 rich. But, even I have some variety, although I've not seen a carbine with a short mag like that 2nd from the right. :wink:
Griff... When I first came to Maine from Alaska a half dozen years ago I didn't even own a 94! All I had for hunting rifles were in .338 Win Mag and .348 because, even when hunting medium size game in AK, you're always in BIG bear country. (I got jumped by a Grizzly in the Arctic once with a dall sheep on my back but that's another story...except to say I'm still here and don't have any scars!) So, when I came to Maine I was over gunned and needed a deer rifle. I always wanted a Winchester Model 94 carbine...who doesn't!...and bought my first pre 64. One led to another...hey, you know that story!!! I was on a budget so I bought one here and another there and what I could afford. Eventually I decided I'd try to collect a pair of 30 wcf and .32 ws 94 carbines for each style variation from prewar to pre 64. That would be 10 Model 94 carbines. Now as you see I have more than 10, there are gaps in the collection goal, AND I don't have a 94 rifle! Honestly, as much as I have wanted and looked for a nice old Model 94 rifle with an octagon barrel I've never found one I thought I could afford. The 94 carbines always were a lot less expensive. In the early years here in Maine I also acquired a few Model 64 rifles. For me the Model 64 is right up there with the Winchester 71 in the "perfect rifle" realm! That's my story, and why I don't have any 94 rifles. I confess I still would like to have one nice old Winchester 94 octagon rifle, though. Sure wish they weren't so expensive.
jvaldes
Levergunner

octagon 94

Post by jvaldes »

mod71alaska;
I share your passion for 71's (I only have 2).
I know of a friend who may still have a octagon 94 for sale. Eventhough it is in mint (unfired with box) condition, its a canadian centenial model. It was offered to me.
If you need the information send me a PM

JV
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

NO YOU DONT
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yep, I certainly do know how it can get a little outta control. But, tell us a little more about that half mag carbine.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I am still working on numero uno.

One day though, one day. 8)
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
spurgon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by spurgon »

Beautiful collection . That's what we like t.o see.
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

Nice start!

And umm, there are other Levers too. :twisted: Might be a bit addicting as well..
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

mod71alaska wrote: ...you get all the debts and liabilities, too!!! Yippee!!! :D :D :D
Gee, Victor, thanks! I already have PLENTY of those! :roll: I was just looking for more levers!!! :D 8) :wink:
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Hi, Dad!!

Remember me? I live in California now! Love those 'chesters!
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Griff, here is my half mag Winchester 1894 SRC. I don't know if they are rare but it sure feels good in the hand. It is 30-30 and shoots great. It was made in 1926. Not near as much finish as Mod71Alaska's but a little older. I need an old 1894 Rifle too! I have two 64s. One I'm keeping and the other I'm going to trade later. :D

"That'll Be The Day"