POLITICS -- I want to know

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

POLITICS -- I want to know

Post by Grizz »

Why is hussein, the commie choice for ruining America, called a black man?

At best he's half black.

Which means he's half white.

Why isn't he characterized as a white man?

Why does he disown his white cultural heritage?

He either is ashamed of his white part,
or he hates whites completely. Right?

I wouldn't care if hussein and the press corps
wasn't making such a big deal about it.

Is EVERYONE but me in denial?

I'm just curious.....,
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

The "sheeple" would rather have promises of better times, than face facts and make hard decisions that will ultimately improve the lot of all of us.

Unfortunately, all politicians have learned this early on in their career, or it's a very short career.

Moral fiber is a very thin thread, and most folks have already broken theirs by the time they reach adulthood.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I have never met a person that had one white and black parent that was considered anything other than black. I guess it stems from the fact that they look 80/20 not 50/50. It turns out the same for anybody that has one white parent and a parent of different race, i.e. hispanics, asians, indians and so forth. It's hard to look half white. :?

Oh and to your question, I am not sure about what he thinks of his white background but he sure dosen't promote it that much.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Grizz,

I can't answer your question about why. But I have noticed this identification with the black side of the family many times amongst celebrities and others.
I don't understand it really, all they are is darker skinned humans.

Cut 'em open and they're all the same inside.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

it's because the cheney-bush administraition has so totally screwed the american people, from their assults on the 1st and 3rd ammendements, to the invasion of a soviern country, to the total disregard of securing our borders, to the selling out the economy to big oil and the corporate war machine. republican's forgot that they were american's first and let this mess fester for 8 years. desperate people crasp at straws. that how hitler legally was ELECTED chanciellor of germany in the 30's. we can blame ourselfs for what comes next.
old goat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by old goat »

...Calling himself black, will get him votes. Calling himself white, will gain him nothing.

...old goat
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

Is Derek Jeter black, or white?
I've never heard anyone refer to him as anything but a great ball player.

I can guess why Barack would prefer to be black in this election, even though he's half white, and was brought up by his white kin, but it would be politically incorrect, and might offend some liberals here. :lol:
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Unfortunately, most people who vote for him will do so because he claims to be Black. Not what he can do for (or to) our country. It's a pity.
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

It certainly is nothing to get worked up about......History precluded people with even one drop of black blood the right to particapate in the American Dream...can't blame them for feeling sore about it... YoMama is a sorry individual because he's a muzzlim commie, not because of his color....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

You guys need to stop tip-toeing around an issue when you know very well what the answer is.

HISTORICALLY in this country, a person with any portion of their genetic make-up/ethnic heritage being black is considered black.

I don't happen to recall where that formulation came from, but there it is.

:o
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

tman wrote:it's because the cheney-bush administraition has so totally screwed the american people, from their assults on the 1st and 3rd ammendements, to the invasion of a soviern country, to the total disregard of securing our borders, to the selling out the economy to big oil and the corporate war machine. republican's forgot that they were american's first and let this mess fester for 8 years. desperate people crasp at straws. that how hitler legally was ELECTED chanciellor of germany in the 30's. we can blame ourselfs for what comes next.
I must have missed something. Exactly HOW and WHEN did Bush assault the third amendment?
No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
That's one I'd not heard of being messed with yet...
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

tman wrote:it's because the cheney-bush administraition has so totally screwed the american people, from their assults on the 1st and 3rd ammendements, to the invasion of a soviern country, to the total disregard of securing our borders, to the selling out the economy to big oil and the corporate war machine. republican's forgot that they were american's first and let this mess fester for 8 years. desperate people crasp at straws. that how hitler legally was ELECTED chanciellor of germany in the 30's. we can blame ourselfs for what comes next.
Huh?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Bill

Post by Bill »

I have two choices...

"Hussein" Obama and his (to be), political associate (Hillabeast), both want my right to own a gun taken away - or severely restricted by an increasingly directive government. (Obama endorses the UN approach: "ALL" guns will be registered and individually licensed - or destroyed.) :(

McCain says he supports the NRA and our 2nd Amendment rights. (I hope so.)

As a tax-payer and a legal gun owner/hunter I have but one choice...
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

sorry, i ment the 4th. guess i'm guilty of holding cheney to a higher standard than myself. of not knowing the constitution. again, please forgive the brain lapse.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

BlaineG wrote:It certainly is nothing to get worked up about......History precluded people with even one drop of black blood the right to particapate in the American Dream...can't blame them for feeling sore about it... YoMama is a sorry individual because he's a muzzlim commie, not because of his color....
I didn't say anything like that; I asked why half of his color matters to everyone and half of his color matters to no one. A simple, open question.

It only matters because of the racist angle hussein and his sycophants are taking. I don't care if he's orange, but I do care if he's dishonest. An so far I find anything BUT honesty in him.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

you can disagree with my post, i'm not impling that you vote for mccain or obama or anyone else. 8 years ago, hillary or obama would not have been taken seriously as presidential canidates. but, look at yhe voter turn out for boh of them, draw your own conclusions, but i blame the current administration's failed policies that will put one or both of them in the whitehouse. :(
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Grizz wrote:
BlaineG wrote:It certainly is nothing to get worked up about......History precluded people with even one drop of black blood the right to particapate in the American Dream...can't blame them for feeling sore about it... YoMama is a sorry individual because he's a muzzlim commie, not because of his color....
I didn't say anything like that; I asked why half of his color matters to everyone and half of his color matters to no one. A simple, open question.

It only matters because of the racist angle hussein and his sycophants are taking. I don't care if he's orange, but I do care if he's dishonest. An so far I find anything BUT honesty in him.
Grizz partially said:Why isn't he characterized as a white man?

I thought my comments covered that part pretty good.....His wife, and prolly him, too, are racists....this will come out this fall, I'd hazard a guess.

tman: The DemonRats are not pulling Conservatives into their party, except maybe for the primary and that is a ruse to screw up the DNC :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
ole pizen slinger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ole pizen slinger »

Obama doesn't recognize his white heritage because BHO is himself a racist. There was a time in this country when blacks were suppressed, however that day is past. As I look as racism in America today, blacks are far more racist than their white counterparts.

LET ME SEE IF I HAVE THIS STRAIGHT

HIS FATHER WAS A KENYAN, MOSLEM, BLACK- WE HAVE SEEN PICTURES OF HIS AFRICAN "FAMILY"

HIS MOTHER IS A KANSAN, ATHIEST, WHITE-

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES OF HIS KANSAN, WHITE MOTHER AND HIS WHITE GRANDPARENTS WHO RAISED HIM

HIS FATHER DESERTED HIS MOTHER AND HIM WHEN HE WAS VERY YOUNG AND WENT BACK TO HIS FAMILY IN KENYA

HIS MOTHER MARRIED AN INDONESIAN MOSLEM AND TOOK HIM TO JAKARTA WHERE HE WAS SCHOOLED IN A MOSLEM SCHOOL

HIS MOTHER RETURNED TO HAWAII AND HE WAS RAISED BY HIS WHITE KANSAN GRANDPARENTS

HE LATER WENT TO THE BEST HIGH DOLLAR SCHOOLS, HOW?

HE LIVES IN A $1.4 MILLION DOLLAR HOUSE THAT HE ACQUIRED THROUGH A DEAL WITH A WEALTHY FUND RAISER. HOW?

HE 'WORKED' AS A CIVIL RIGHTS ACTIVIST IN CHICAGO- HAS NEVER HELD A PRODUCTIVE JOB. THE PRESIDENCY IS NOT A CIVIL RIGHTS POST NOR IS IT SUBJECT TO AFFIRMATIVE ACTION SET ASIDES

HE ENTERED POLITICS AT THE STATE LEVEL AND THEN THE NATIONAL LEVEL WHERE HE HAS MINIMAL EXPERIENCE

HE IS PROUD OF HIS 'AFRICAN HERITAGE' BUT IT SEEMS THAT HIS ONLY AFRICAN CONNECTION WAS THAT HIS AFRICAN FATHER GOT A WHITE GIRL PREGNANT AND DESERTED HER. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT SPERM CARRIED A 'CULTURAL' GENE. WHERE IS THERE ANY PRIDE IN HIS WHITE CULTURE

HE GOES TO A 'AFROCENTRIC' CHURCH THAT HATES WHITES, HATES JEWS, AND BLAMES AMERICA FOR ALL THE WORLDS PERCEIVED FAULTS.

AND THEN REPEATEDLY COVERS UP FOR THE PASTOR AND THE CHURCH.

HE CLAIMS THAT HE COULD NOT CONFRONT HIS PASTOR BUT HE WANTS US TO BELIEVE THAT HE CAN CONFRONT NORTH KOREA AND IRAN, RIGHT!!!

YEAH, I THINK I SEE HOW HE COULD BE A UNITER AND BRING US TOGETHER, I THINK THE HOPE IS THAT HE HOPES NO ONE WILL PUT THE PIECES TOGETHER.

By the way, how is it that when blacks vote for BHO nothing is said about race being a factor (we all know the blacks are voting for him because he is black); but when the white man fails to vote for him he is accused of racism?

ole pizen slinger

PS Just learned last night on CSPAN that Obama and Cheyne are cousins. Cheyne admitted it.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

VP Cheney and Sen. Obama are something like 9th cousins once or twice removed.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Kismet
Levergunner 2.0
Location: New Hampshire (wishing I could move back West, darn women)

Post by Kismet »

To some people it doesn't matter what he "is" because he can't win their respect no matter how he acts. I'd be willing to bet that many blacks have lacked respect for him over the years because he "acts" white. (A relatively common complaint in the black community if I'm not mistaken.) So if he goes out and "acts white" then lots of blacks will dislike him. If that happens, he also might lose a bunch of white votes from people that think he is denying his interracial heritage (limited thought it may be).

So, an easy question to pose, but there is no answer that will satisfy you. The very fact that this question is posted and debated shows that this country is NOT over race - whether we like it or not, race obviously matters to people.

Michael in NH
"The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." -- John Steinbeck
sw41mag
Levergunner

Post by sw41mag »

ole pizen slinger wrote:Obama doesn't recognize his white heritage because BHO is himself a racist. There was a time in this country when blacks were suppressed, however that day is past. As I look as racism in America today, blacks are far more racist than their white counterparts.

By the way, how is it that when blacks vote for BHO nothing is said about race being a factor (we all know the blacks are voting for him because he is black); but when the white man fails to vote for him he is accused of racism?

ole pizen slinger

PS Just learned last night on CSPAN that Obama and Cheyne are cousins. Cheyne admitted it.
Racism is over is it? Quite honestly I find your comments alone a bit disheartening to someone that has been treated like stuff by whites all his life. I wonder how "dark" skinned you are to know that racism is over. I myself am of chinese and dark german heritage, born in this country 48 years ago. The racism that I experience these days is less than it was when I was younger. However it is far from gone. And looking at the comments that are being posted in this thread shows me just how much small mindedness is still rampant.

Wow, I better vote for McBush because he says he likes guns. Who cares if the war goes for a hundred years. Who cares about the environment. Who cares about health insurance. As long as the rich keep getting richer it's all good. I have voted republican all my life but, not this time. I'm sick of the party line and what they have done these past years.
When I fed the poor I was called a Saint. When I asked why the poor were hungry, I was called a communist.
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

It has nothing to do with biology or genetics. It is a legal artifact. In the beginning who had 1/16 or more non-white blood was considered colored, black, Indian, etc. It was so declared in the US. Census and Congressional apportioning.

If race were determined by the predominant racial genetics a lot of 'black Americans' would not make the cut and the Indian reservations would be depopulated. Being a 'minority' has its advantages in this country what with special rights and privileges. I know some 'Native Americans' who are blonde, blue eyed with white-white skin and who look all the world like Pippi Longstockings. There are blacks who are lighter than I am(Mariah Carry, etc.) who moan about how they are discriminated against because the are black. Until Mariah opened her mouth and started crying I would never have suspected.
Kismet
Levergunner 2.0
Location: New Hampshire (wishing I could move back West, darn women)

Post by Kismet »

BAGTIC wrote:It has nothing to do with biology or genetics. It is a legal artifact. In the beginning who had 1/16 or more non-white blood was considered colored, black, Indian, etc. It was so declared in the US. Census and Congressional apportioning.
I get this point, but I think it has nothing to do with the actual question out there. The very first question posted...
Grizz wrote:Why is [Barack Obama], the [democrats] choice for [running] America, called a black man?
... is an exceedingly simple question - we judge people by their appearance and he has dark skin.

Michael in NH
"The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." -- John Steinbeck
greasy dan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by greasy dan »

To quote Andrew... "I have never met a person that had one white and black parent that was considered anything other than black."

I have met a lot of different people & seen a lot of things come & go in my 20+years as a HS teacher. We had to fill out many forms for our students over the years. Nearly all asked the Race question... eventhough we were not supposed to mention Race, or show any preferential or bias treatment of students as regards skin color. I admit, I am biased... but on a Professional level, as a Teacher, I tried to treat all students equally. The only Bias I showed while teaching, was FOR good students and AGAINST bad students. We have all seen examples of each, no matter the Race.

Anytime students were required to turn in Official school forms, I would personally review every one before passing them on to the Office personnel. There were a few students who would write in a "joke" or make some small mistake on an Official Form. I would correct it, or call them on it, and make them change it. I very distinctly remember one student who wrote "White" in the blank for "Race"... who was definitely Not. I called him aside and asked him if he made a mistake, pointing to the "Race" blank. He looked me straight in the eye and said "No, there's no mistake"... so I left it as it was.
Later in the school year, I had a chance to meet his parents. One was White... the other was not. I just figured he made his own choice. He was a very intelligent student, and spoke very good English. If I remember correctly, he was an Eagle Scout. I kept in touch with him for a while after he finished HS... mostly out of curiosity. He graduated college with a degree in Political Science, and became a LEO. After a couple years he moved from the area, and we lost touch.

After teaching HS for many years, and meeting literally thousands of students... He is the Only one of mixed-race who claimed to be White.

I don't even know why I am writing this. It is pretty much irrelevant.
John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda and Winchesters. I'm a kid again.
ole pizen slinger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ole pizen slinger »

sw41mag,
I'm sure that you feel discriminated against. I'm not going to argue the point with you. However, let me clue you in on a few little secrets:

1. My first experience with racism was when I was 12 years old. A group of blacks told me "you better get your white butt out of here before we beat it up."

2. Second experience with racism was in the 1980's. I sold some land to a black couple. It was 4 acres divided up into two lots. They were to buy the first lot and then pay for the second lot. They came to me and asked if I would give them a deed to the first lot after paying it off so they could start a house. I agreed. Two months later, the male send his female to me to tell me they would no longer pay on the second lot. So I kept the lot. They then put a septic tank on the lot they reniged on.

3. Third experience with racism--a high school boy threw a rock through my living room window. I had never even seen the boy.

4. Fourth experience with racism. A 19 year old kid hid behind my living room door and waited for me to come home from work. When I entered the house I was attacked with my hunting knife. Throat was cut--took 29 staples to close the wound (carotid artery was cut and I lost 6 pints of blood). My shoulder was cut about an inch deep--took 30 staples to close that. I was stabbed in the back, almost cut my spinal cord. I was also cut in various other places. Cost $24,000 in medical bills to recover from this. A black was involved.

I could go on and tell of other acts of racism against me--and yes I am white--so don't think that because you are of Chinese nationality that you are the only one who had suffered from racism.

I made the statement I did because blacks are not discriminated against nearly as much as they once were. I can remember the segregated bathrooms in the Sears Roebuck stores. I also remember the give away programs to blacks: affirmative action, housing projects, welfare, job promotions, quotas for jobs and education and I could go on.

I will not vote for BHO, but not because he is black or half black. I will not vote for him because:
1. In his whole political career, what has he done? Name me the bills he has sponsored.
2. What foreign policy experience does he have? He is chairman of a Senate foreign relations group that has not met even once.
3. What business experience does he have? I know of no business he has owned or run.
4. What military experience does he have? He was not in the military, but I'll bet you dollars to donuts he will gut the military to fund his social programs.
5. What economic experience does he have? None that I know of.

Would I vote for a black? Yes! Colin Powell. He is everything BHO is not.

As for Bush. I don't think he has been the best President or the worst. I will say this. I hold him directly responsible for the fact that America has not been bombed by terrorists since 9/11. That's more than 2,000 days that I've lived safely in this country because of his policies.

I have tried not to offend anyone by this post. Yes there is racism still alive in this country if you look for it. There will never be a day on earth that mankind will be free from racism. And I predict that racism will be one of the major factors in the downfall of America.
ole pizen slinger

PS I assume from your handle that you own and shoot a 41 mag. I own a S & W 41 with 8 3/8 barrel. One of the best guns I own. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
Last edited by ole pizen slinger on Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Re: POLITICS -- I want to know

Post by bunklocoempire »

Grizz wrote:Why is hussein, the commie choice for ruining America, called a black man?

At best he's half black.

Which means he's half white.

Why isn't he characterized as a white man?

I wouldn't care if hussein and the press corps
wasn't making such a big deal about it.

Is EVERYONE but me in denial?

I'm just curious.....,
Group rights/actions (in our times) are obviously favored over an individual rights/actions, not exactly the message of Liberty.

Caring about what the press corps (edit: or our government) want to shove down our throats and distracting from Obama (or anyone) as an individual and individual actions, does not help this.

Do we even expect the press to talk about anything else? Like maybe an issue in relationship to our Constitution? HA!

The "gun owner" label when one gun owner acts irresponsibly is a good example, it is wrong but it is a means to an end. I happen to be 1/2 plaid but I am charecterized as calico,

it has really helped me fit into my neighborhood, and with my wife being 1/2 polka dot, but relating with her chevron side, we have all the bases covered, which is nice but has nothing to do with

the founding fathers intent. :wink:

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

...found this:

"Special Report: What Makes A Person Legally “Blackâ€
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Why is Baraq O. black and not white? His Daddy was black and he claims it.

This is America and it's what he wants to be. Land of opportunity, don't ya know.

As for systemic racism... white people been treatin' me poorly all of my life.

Dang crackas.

:evil:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

I am of Mexican desent and my family have been Americans for about a 100 years. I am here to tell you that we will all be branded as recists unless we proclaim loudly where and why we stand against this Socialist. I dont care what race he is. He believes in BIG government and I dont. He does not put his hand over his heart for the National Anthem and I do. He should not be president, not because he is black but because he will divide this country as never before. Thier will be a polarization of races like the rest of the world and every American will lose except those that want the government to take care of every facet of their miserable lives. We here may not all agree all the time but we had better stick together and encourage your neighbor to vote out Socialism and vote in Republicanism no matter how weak the candidate. I believe that we will not weather a four year tenure by this man and this Congress. God have mercy on us all. :cry:
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." - John F. Kennedy
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Good post 505...

I'm with that Martin what's his name who said we should judge a man by the content of his character. And hussein's character stinks of all kinds of corruption.

I'm voting for the white guy for president. It has nothing to do with his race.

And just so no one freaks out, that is an entirely NON-RACIST statement of fact.
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

505stevec wrote:I am of Mexican desent and my family have been Americans for about a 100 years. I am here to tell you that we will all be branded as recists unless we proclaim loudly where and why we stand against this Socialist. I dont care what race he is. He believes in BIG government and I dont. He does not put his hand over his heart for the National Anthem and I do. He should not be president, not because he is black but because he will divide this country as never before. Thier will be a polarization of races like the rest of the world and every American will lose except those that want the government to take care of every facet of their miserable lives. We here may not all agree all the time but we had better stick together and encourage your neighbor to vote out Socialism and vote in Republicanism no matter how weak the candidate. I believe that we will not weather a four year tenure by this man and this Congress. God have mercy on us all. :cry:
Ditto, and right on Steve. I would just have to slip in "Ukraine" and would have typed the same post.

There are folks that don't mind mixing, and there are folks who would die first. Diversity at it's best. :shock:

Most people live how they want and try to not bother others. If they don't want to mix they place themselves deep in their own racially geological boundries. The people who "fuel" racism are the ones who have an agenda to pass and will find racism wherever they look.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
oldmax
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldmax »

Some people, by there actions , regardless of race. Do Not Deserve respect !!

" Fuel racism" Sounds like the Liberal news media
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

Up until the early 1970s, Texas had a law which defined a "Negro" as a person who contained 1/8 or greater negro blood. Under the 'Jim Crow" laws, such a law was needed. I doubt if there are any statutatory racial definitions any more, but these are the roots of theat sort of things.
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

"now I truly realize...the United States is no longer a Christian country...if it ever was......."

I would not vote for Colin Powell either. Condoleeza Rice, Yes, but Powell, No!
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

Grizz wrote:Why is hussein, the commie choice for ruining America, called a black man?

No, it's just easier to rationalize failure "on being black and being descriminated against" when you don't succeed...

jesse jackson and al sharpton have done more to "hold-down" black people than any whites ever have - because they perpetually tell black people that they're not successful because of their heritage - so the people that actually listen to these two idiots don't even go out of their way to "try" in life. I've known a good number of successful black people and the one thing that they all share in common is their distaste for what jackson & sharpton preach.
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

If life mirrors art, does that make Obama the Damon in the movies....you know the anti-christ that gets voted into the Presidency because of his ability to stir the masses and not for the substance? Here comes armageddon!!!

Regarding race, my wife's Grandmother was a full blooded Mohican off the Breckenridge Indian reservation here in Wisconsin. Never knew it until after we had been married ten years cause she is tall(5'11") and thin(140#), she does have olive skin and dark hair though. All five of my kids are very light skinned and two have blonde hair and blue eyes....hmmm. They must be injuns too!!! Where do I sign 'em up for the freebie's?
sw41mag
Levergunner

Re:

Post by sw41mag »

ole pizen slinger wrote:sw41mag,
I'm sure that you feel discriminated against. I'm not going to argue the point with you. However, let me clue you in on a few little secrets:

1. My first experience with racism was when I was 12 years old. A group of blacks told me "you better get your white butt out of here before we beat it up."I am 3/4 german and 1/4 chinese heritage born here as an american and adopted by japanese. Every Dec. 7th (Pearl Harbor Day) I got to go to school and get beat up by the white kids for "bombing Pearl Harbor" We would get prank phone calls all day and night. The phone calls finally stopped in the mid-80s. Even though we were quiet, good neighbors, took care of our house, never caused problems, etc the whites would vandalize our house, open the gate to the yard and let their dogs in to stuff in our yard in the night, should I go on? How about going to restaurants in Wisconsin on vacation and not being served because I wasn't white. Whites yelling vile things at me as they drive by. I get sick and angry just thinking about how crappy you whites have treated me.

2. Second experience with racism was in the 1980's. I sold some land to a black couple. It was 4 acres divided up into two lots. They were to buy the first lot and then pay for the second lot. They came to me and asked if I would give them a deed to the first lot after paying it off so they could start a house. I agreed. Two months later, the male send his female to me to tell me they would no longer pay on the second lot. So I kept the lot. They then put a septic tank on the lot they reniged on.I fail to see the racism. It looks more like plain trashy, ignorant behavior

3. Third experience with racism--a high school boy threw a rock through my living room window. I had never even seen the boy.

4. Fourth experience with racism. A 19 year old kid hid behind my living room door and waited for me to come home from work. When I entered the house I was attacked with my hunting knife. Throat was cut--took 29 staples to close the wound (carotid artery was cut and I lost 6 pints of blood). My shoulder was cut about an inch deep--took 30 staples to close that. I was stabbed in the back, almost cut my spinal cord. I was also cut in various other places. Cost $24,000 in medical bills to recover from this. A black was involved. I hope you're alright from this. It sounds complicated.

I could go on and tell of other acts of racism against me--and yes I am white--so don't think that because you are of Chinese nationality that you are the only one who had suffered from racism. I never said I thought I was the only person that suffered the effects of racism. I know that non-whites can be just as hateful as the whites. I've seen it. And quite honestly after years of being dumped on I have engaged in race baiting myself from time to time. Christ tells us to love every one as we love ourselves. I know I should forgive and rise above what has been done to me but I am not as good a Christian as I should be. I promise to try harder.

I made the statement I did because blacks are not discriminated against nearly as much as they once were.If blacks and people of color aren't crapped on as much as we once were... does that make it all better? I can remember the segregated bathrooms in the Sears Roebuck stores. I also remember the give away programs to blacks: affirmative action, housing projects, welfare, job promotions, quotas for jobs and education and I could go on.

I will not vote for BHO, but not because he is black or half black. I will not vote for him because:
1. In his whole political career, what has he done? Name me the bills he has sponsored.
2. What foreign policy experience does he have? He is chairman of a Senate foreign relations group that has not met even once.
3. What business experience does he have? I know of no business he has owned or run.
4. What military experience does he have? He was not in the military, but I'll bet you dollars to donuts he will gut the military to fund his social programs.
5. What economic experience does he have? None that I know of.

Would I vote for a black? Yes! Colin Powell. He is everything BHO is not.

As for Bush. I don't think he has been the best President or the worst. I will say this. I hold him directly responsible for the fact that America has not been bombed by terrorists since 9/11. That's more than 2,000 days that I've lived safely in this country because of his policies.You mean they aren't killing us here at home? But they are doing a fairly good job of killing us over there. And we are paying billions of dollars and running up the national debt like crazy to "keep us safe". The failed policies of this administration are catastrophic. I can't believe I voted for this putz. And McBush is no better. I would vote for a yellow dog before I vote for McBush.

I have tried not to offend anyone by this post. Yes there is racism still alive in this country if you look for it. I don't have to look for it. It comes to me on a regular basis. All too often. There will never be a day on earth that mankind will be free from racism. And I predict that racism will be one of the major factors in the downfall of America.
ole pizen slinger

PS I assume from your handle that you own and shoot a 41 mag. I own a S & W 41 with 8 3/8 barrel. One of the best guns I own. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
Yes I did have one. I loved that gun and caliber but came to point where I just wasn't using it anymore so I sold it but never got rid of the handle.
When I fed the poor I was called a Saint. When I asked why the poor were hungry, I was called a communist.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

Racism is part and parcel of the human situation. It exist all over the globe in as many forms and varieties. Where I live, I am often the only non-hispanic in a store, resturant or place of business. Frequently I am the last person to be seated, waited on, or receive what I have ordered. When it happens, I tell the person doing it that I certainly hope their conduct was not racial because I am the only "gabacho" in the room. They react like they had been hit with a cattle prod. They don't think they will ever get busted on the issue. Some may not even realize why they do what they do.

There is something in the heart of man, that believes that folks who are different from us, as less than us. Being part of the human situation does not make it right or moral.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Grizz wrote:Why is [Barack Obama], the [democrats] choice for [running] America, called a black man?

... is an exceedingly simple question - we judge people by their appearance and he has dark skin.

Michael in NH
I've found the tributaries of this topic interesting to say the least. But I have to disagree with Michael. It's the hussein campaign and the press that are extolling his race and exalting it and flaunting it and making a big deal about it. That was the whole entire motive for breaching the topic. It's the hussein campaign that's made race whatever issue that it is. And that was why I posted the topic.

However, I am voting against the black candidate for almost exactly the same reason millions will vote against the white one....

Grizz
24thMICH
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 24thMICH »

Up until the early 1970s, Texas had a law which defined a "Negro" as a person who contained 1/8 or greater negro blood. Under the 'Jim Crow" laws, such a law was needed. I doubt if there are any statutatory racial definitions any more, but these are the roots of theat sort of things.

One thing a lot of folks don't realize is that virtually all the "Jim Crow" laws in the Old South were written by Democrats. The KKK was established as the terrorist arm of the Democrat Party, which developed in the Old South in reaction to the activities of the Republicans after the War Between the States. Look it up. The history is readily available for anybody willing to investigate it.

Somehow, that entire history has now been thrown on the Republican Party, which opposed these things.

Talk about George Orwell being resurrected!

Capitalism is notable for the unequal distribution of wealth.
Socialism is notable for the equal distribution of poverty.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.