OT - Unbelievable!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
eric65
Levergunner 2.0

OT - Unbelievable!

Post by eric65 »

My little baby girl, who I am sure was just born yesterday, turned 11 years old today! I think I need to start drinking . ( does this mean that I am old?) :D
longarm4146
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Unbelievable!

Post by longarm4146 »

Just think......only a short time till the boys start coming to your house to court...... :shock:
SASS 4146
BOLD 199
eric65
Levergunner 2.0

Post by eric65 »

longarm4146 wrote:Just think......only a short time till the boys start coming to your house to court...... :shock:
can you say 870 :twisted:
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

I hear ya!

Mine turned 11 three months ago. :shock:

She already likes boys. (groan, here we go...)
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

eric65 wrote:
longarm4146 wrote:Just think......only a short time till the boys start coming to your house to court...... :shock:
It's totally inappropriate to suggest gun violence is the answer here. Use a hatchet, it's quieter...... :wink:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congratulations!!! :D

My daughter turned 6 in April. In a few years I will start digging the moat... :evil:
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

C. Cash wrote:
eric65 wrote:
It's totally inappropriate to suggest gun violence is the answer here. Use a hatchet, it's quieter...... :wink:
I agree but shouldn't he be using a lever?
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

cnjarvis wrote:
C. Cash wrote: It's totally inappropriate to suggest gun violence is the answer here. Use a hatchet, it's quieter...... :wink:
I agree but shouldn't he be using a lever?
Yeah as in "you'll Lever alone now won't ya"! :x
:)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

ROFLOL concerning the moat comment :D :D

so glad I had a boy
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

I hear ya'...My daughter is 14 yr old and already a sophomore, and my son will turn 3 in August.

I'm not worried about my daughter just yet, though. She still has the "fear of God" implanted on her bottom, and I have little reason to believe she'll want a recount of that episode.

Plus, I've already introduced myself to members of the local high school wrestling and football teams at a summer sports camp. Needless to say, there's only been one phone call from a boy in the past year. And that was about a homework assignment.

It's the boy that I'm worried about. :shock:
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Encourage your teen daughter to date....insist on meeting the young man. Monitor how the lad treats her and you both. It's an excellent opportunity to teach your daughter how men should treat her. You can't put the cork back in the bottle, so use it as another teaching opportunity, Guys... :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
eric65
Levergunner 2.0

Post by eric65 »

boys boys boys, tisk tisk, don't you all know that the lever on an 870 moves back& forth :D
eric65
Levergunner 2.0

Post by eric65 »

By the way, Sara ( my daughter) is getting A real kick out of these replies :)
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

I have three daughters, I feel for you man.

Oldest is married to a good boy, he passed the test, and I did not make it easy. They have two kids.

#2 graduated HS this year attending a major college with full ride scholarship.(Whew!!)

#3 straight A's, Drum major in the band, plays in a rock band, has all the atittude in the family.

#2 & #3 have not brought boys home yet. I am very engaged in their lives so there are no boys I don't see. In time I'm sure they will.

I tell them the three strikes law means the girl's father can kill the first three boys with being charged.
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

Just take a line from that country song that's out "I'll be setting here cleaning this gun." Iffin I ever have a daughter, neither of us want kids, by the way, I'll be setting on the couch cleaning my 50 BMG when the poor kid comes here. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT - Unbelievable!

Post by lever-4-life »

Your daughter knows how to pick a birthday!!!(It's my B-Day to 8) )
Break on through to the other side!!!
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

By gum, today's my youngest daughter's birthday too! She just turned 12 years old.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
eric65
Levergunner 2.0

Post by eric65 »

Happy birthday to all that share this day!
Gun Runner
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Gun Runner »

My daughter who is 28, married and has 2 kids, used to warn boys comming to the the house. Be on your best manners or be ready to be on your way. One REXALL cowboy pulled up to the gate around 9 p.m. and honked the horn on his P/U. Told the daughter dont bother going out to see him as he woundent be here long. Walked down to the gate and opened the hood to his P/U and ripped the wires off his horn, busted out both head lights with the butt of my DBL. Asked him how fast he could drive in the dark from the gate to the road that led to the hi-way. Have never seen REXALL cowboy since (think he moved out of state :D ).
Son in law calls me Sir or by my first name and always extends a hand-shake when we meet. Besides He was gonna show me how good of a shot he was, till I got done shooting at our little range.

Gun Runner
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Hey that's great :!:
If you are lucky like me you will eventually end up with a son-in-law who loves to shoot :!: (I got two)
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

If you are not old now, you will feel plenty old enough in about 7 more years!

Happy Birthday young lady!
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

Excellent!!!

It took my Dad a few minutes to recognize me when he picked me up at the camp for Uncle Sam's Misguided Children, ok it was 26 years ago.

Prayers are with you .
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

Somehow all this works out in the end, most likely and certainly hopefully!! Yesterday, one of my twin daughters drove 48 miles to our house, met with me to drive another 20 miles to nearest town and have lunch. She's almost 40, her sis is 5 minutes younger! The point is---they too get old oneday. Treat 'em right guys, show care and concern always, it will pay you back in spades someday.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Seems like the time to post this :

10 Simple Rules for Dating My Daughter

Rule One: If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.
Rule Two: You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.
Rule Three: I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, In order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.
Rule Four: I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate: when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.
Rule Five: In order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early"
Rule Six: I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make
you cry.
Rule Seven:[/b] As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?
Rule Eight: The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter:
Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool.
Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight.
Places where there is darkness.
Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness.
Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her throat.
Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which feature chainsaws are okay.
Hockey games are okay.
Old folks homes are better.
Rule Nine: Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.
Rule Ten: Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy outside of Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car-there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
eric65
Levergunner 2.0

Post by eric65 »

Bullard4075 wrote:Seems like the time to post this :

10 Simple Rules for Dating My Daughter

Rule One: If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.
Rule Two: You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.
Rule Three: I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, In order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.
Rule Four: I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate: when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.
Rule Five: In order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early"
Rule Six: I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make
you cry.
Rule Seven:[/b] As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?
Rule Eight: The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter:
Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool.
Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight.
Places where there is darkness.
Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness.
Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her throat.
Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which feature chainsaws are okay.
Hockey games are okay.
Old folks homes are better.
Rule Nine: Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.
Rule Ten: Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy outside of Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car-there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.
We have A winner! :D
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

Those 10 rules!! I thought I was tough. I like those.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

eric65 wrote:My little baby girl, who I am sure was just born yesterday, turned 11 years old today! I think I need to start drinking . ( does this mean that I am old?) :D
Bluto: My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Otter: Better listen to him, Flounder. He's pre-med.
:lol:

Bullard4075 wrote: I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.
I have 2 step-sons but after an episode a couple of weeks ago (long story) I had to tell a buddy of the 17 y/o "I own a .45, a shovel and I am familiar with the phrase 'Shoot, shovel, shut up.'" :twisted:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Camp Cook
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Camp Cook »

"WOW" I'm thinking I am a lucky guy right now only have 2 boys the eldest is 23 1/2 years old and the youngest is 15 1/2 months old.

So I am feeling both young and old at the same time...

I have taught my eldest son the dangers of women and he has listened I have also shared Lykis 101 Rules. :mrgreen:

The main rule is have a great time by having lots of friends but do not get into a serious relationship until you are finished College or 25 years of age whichever comes first and he has other than a couple of blips listened too my advise...

Good luck on your birthday young lady hope you grow up and don't scare your dad too bad...

Remember he does know best... :wink: