Warning! Life Philosophy ......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Warning! Life Philosophy ......

Post by JimT »

memory.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Warning! Life Philosophy ......

Post by Ray »

ahh bacon !.....nature's candy.....
m.A.g.a. !
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

And several of earth’s major religions ban its ingestion. Oh well, more for me. :D
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

jeepnik wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:50 am And several of earth’s major religions ban its ingestion. Oh well, more for me. :D
I was visiting a Rabbi friend one Friday evening. He was expecting some people to come to his house to celebrate Sabbath but by 7:30 no one had showed. So we went in the back yard, fired up the grill and he brought out some pork chops. They were just about ready when the doorbell rang. It was his Sabbath crowd. Sadly the back yard was abandoned in favor of the religious meeting. Such is the power of religion. I don't think I ever visited on a religious day since. I mean, ABANDONING PORK CHOPS ON THE GRILL!! :lol:
windy
Levergunner

Post by windy »

So how do they feel about limb bacon?
windy
sonny, whar i growed up, "magnum" wuz another word fer "lousy hunter".
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

windy wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:51 am So how do they feel about limb bacon?
windy
if you mean squirrels, rodents need not apply for invitation to the menu. Goes forth on paws and doesn't chew the cud.
m.A.g.a. !
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

About to chop up some bacon and ham to add to the lima bean soup perking away on the stove.
As to rabbis and pork chops, I always get a huge chuckle when "Meathead" Goldwyn wears his yarmulka while barbecuing pork on his amazingribs.com website. :lol:
I like his book, too.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:58 pm About to chop up some bacon and ham to add to the lima bean soup perking away on the stove.
As to rabbis and pork chops, I always get a huge chuckle when "Meathead" Goldwyn wears his yarmulka while barbecuing pork on his amazingribs.com website. :lol:
I like his book, too.
Can I come to dinner? Grandma had a ham and lima bean recipe that would knock your socks off. Her secrest she said was in the bottle on the top shelf, yep, a good splash of whiskey.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Whiskey? Did you say whiskey? There is still time as the beans have not sufficiently softened ... :P
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:06 pm Whiskey? Did you say whiskey? There is still time as the beans have not sufficiently softened ... :P
Cannot speak of whiskey but have you ever brewed a pot of soup/stew and something is missing that salt alone won't fix ? The third world over just adds "maggie" with a soft "G". That is to say maggi/knorr/nestle etc. chicken bullion powder. I use something different before final saline seasoning.....a modest splash of brine from the olive jar. Works everytime. I cannot imagine a bowl of slow/long cooked butterbeans without a few drops of vinegar based capsaicin and a half tsp. of olive brine.
m.A.g.a. !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

A tablespoon of molasses to the pinto beans makes a world of difference. No, it doesn't sweeten them. I am making beans and rice in the instant pot. I actually substitute quinoa for rice. Less carbohydrates, and it doesn't run my blood sugar up like rice does. I pressure cook the beans in water to speed it up, then use the slow cooker function with a bunch of ham or smoked sausage, whichever is handy, and add a can or two of Ro-Tel and some chili powder. Chopped onion also helps. Garlic can add flavor. Let it simmer and add the quinoa about an hour or more before serving.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I bought this sticker to go on the back of my truck but the truck went before I got round to it.
IMG_20221019_175542.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.