OT Big snakes and little girls - Thanks GRIFF

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

OT Big snakes and little girls - Thanks GRIFF

Post by J Miller »

A couple days ago Griff sent me an email with a video clip of a huge Anaconda snake. I watched it. The cameraman started at the snakes tail and slowly followed this huge snake up it's body. Just as the head came into view the snake struck at the cameraman and he dropped the camera. The video ends there. I was so engrossed in looking at the snake I about jumped outa my chair when it struck. When my wife came home for lunch I played the video for her. As the snake struck she jerked and then gave me one of those "wife" looks. Then we watched it again.

That night one of my wifes co-workers came over to chat. She brought her 8 y o daughter Sierra. Supposedly her daughter suffers from that ADHD condition. Well as my wife and her co-worker chatted outside Sierra found me busy at the computer. At first she looked at me like she couldn't figure out what I was. Then I waved at her and I guess it dawned on her I was a people. We got to talking about cats, ours and hers, then many other things. She was quite hyper and everything was a question. My wife collects stuffed animals, mostly cats, so when this little gal saw them she went out to her moms car and brought in her fabric cat house filled with stuffed cats. We got a bunch of ours out and played with them for a while.
When that wound down, I was wondering what she'd come up with next. So to give my brain a rest I opened up our family photo folder to our own cats. Played her some videos of our cats too. Then looked at some stills.
Then I thought of Griff's snake video. I asked her if she liked snakes? She said, no they don't know me. That's her thing kind of, what does she or something else know. So I took a chance and played Griff's video. At first she sorta sat there in amazement at the size of the snake, then when it struck at the camera she jumped, but not far and asked why it did that. I did my best to explain why a snake strikes. Then she said: "Do it again". We ended up playing that video over a half dozen times with Sierra laughing and giggling and grabbing my arm in glee ever time it got to the part where the snake struck a the cameraman. Then I told her to go get her mom. She looked at me like she wasn't sure she was allowed to do that, but I told her it would be OK and so out she went. It took her two trips giggling the hole time to get her mom and my wife in to watch the video. When I played it Sierra went into another giggling fit and her mom about jumped out of her pants. I was laughing at that point. We watched that snake video several more times then went on to some other ones. I played the video of the nuclear canon from the 50's, then of me shooting a 460 S&W mag and my BH.
By then little Sierra was worn out. She looked at her mom and said quietly; "I'm ready now". Not long after that they went home.

That was a real fun two hours I had with her. Made me wish had one of my own.

Thanks Griff, that snake video was a hit!!!

Joe
Last edited by J Miller on Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Ysabel Kid

Re: OT Big snakes and little girls - Thanks GRIFF

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:D :D :D
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Sounds like an interesting video. I'd be interested in seeing it. Could be a fun thing to have around, it sounds like... ;-) :D :mrgreen:

I'd appreciate it if one of y'all could drop me a copy...

My email is:

It's not clickable, you'll just need to type it in...
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Paul,

Sent you the video. Took three tries so I don't know if it will work when you get it. If not, then maybe Griff can send it to you.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

J Miller wrote:Paul,

Sent you the video. Took three tries so I don't know if it will work when you get it. If not, then maybe Griff can send it to you.

Joe
Thanks!

They can be a bit touchy. The photographer was apparently right inside the snake's comfort zone. :shock: Now I wonder what got struck - the camera? or ??? There's some nice fillets in that lil' squeezer... :D
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

I received that video too. We had some fun with. That is one big ol snake.
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

Break on through to the other side!!!
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

I saw it a while back. Nearly broke my chair, getting away. I sent it on to a buddy that keeps cobras and other toothy belt material.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1