3D Model of the Wrecked Schooner "Trinidad" (Sank in 1881)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

3D Model of the Wrecked Schooner "Trinidad" (Sank in 1881)

Post by Old No7 »

"Shipwreck hunters have discovered the intact remains of a schooner that sank in Lake Michigan in 1881 and is so well-preserved it still contains the crew’s possessions in its final resting spot miles from Wisconsin's coastline.

Wisconsin maritime historians Brendon Baillod and Robert Jaeck found the 156-year-old Trinidad in July off Algoma at a depth of about 270 feet (82 meters). They used side-scan sonar to hone in on its location based on survivor accounts in historical records."

This 3D Model of the Schooner Trinidad (click for link) is not only interesting to see, it's fun to "explore" too! I just lost 10 minutes of my -- uh hum, "work day", cough, cough -- zooming in & out, changing the elevation or viewing angle etc.

That's a neat technology! I thought this was cool and had to share it... :wink:

Link to new article: Schooner Trinidad Found (click for link).

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 3D Model of the Wrecked Schooner "Trinidad" (Sank in 1881)

Post by jeepnik »

Well that just ate up many minutes. I’m amazed it ended up upright. It is surprising intact and with the sheets still visible. The cold water must prevent decay and damage from marine parasites.

I found the position of the ships wheel fascinating. And in the rendering no significant hull damage is visible.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 3D Model of the Wrecked Schooner "Trinidad" (Sank in 1881)

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I, too, have emerged from the time warp having visibly aged! :lol: