it's me again, do not read this one

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: it's me again, do not read this one

Post by Blaine »

How about you, Mr. Perfect?
Finally, we agree on something.... :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

Careful or your head is going to be stuck in a doorway somewhere - or worse - it will pop and your ego will all spill out.

Let us know when you come down to earth with the rest of us normal folk.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

BrentD wrote:Careful or your head is going to be stuck in a doorway somewhere - or worse - it will pop and your ego will all spill out.

Let us know when you come down to earth with the rest of us normal folk.
Does Ronald McDonald know you're surfing on company time?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

Does your mother know you have been playing with keyboards again? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

BrentD wrote:Does your mother know you have been playing with keyboards again? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can we stop now? :lol: :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

Whenever you want. Just stop. I know you can do it. :roll:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

BrentD wrote:Whenever you want. Just stop. I know you can do it. :roll:
I know.....First I have to admit that I have a problem dealing with inerudite posters. :roll:
That is all. I can't continue playing hardball with a slo pitch player. :P

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

BlaineG wrote:
BrentD wrote:Whenever you want. Just stop. I know you can do it. :roll:
I know.....First I have to admit that I have a problem dealing with inerudite posters. :roll:
That is all. I can't continue playing hardball with a slo pitch player. :P

To be honest, you really can't play ball at all. Face it, you are a legend in your own mind but not much of anywhere else.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

And just THINK, all this started because Grizz put up a sight for us to look at and Some Body didn't like a comment.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

JerryB wrote:And just THINK, all this started because Grizz put up a sight for us to look at and Some Body didn't like a comment.
No kidding. Actually several somebodies didn't like several comments - even a lot of comments.
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

SteveR wrote:
BrentD wrote:
SteveR wrote:
BrentD wrote:Grizz, the meterologists say it will be cooler and sunny tomorrow.

What, in your inestimable expertise, do you think the weather will be tomorrow?

You and Blaine should get together and save the planet with your joint brilliance. Amazing that the world manages w/o you two a the helm.
What is your problem? Grizz posted a site, Blaine commented, nobody asked you for your opinion, so why you giving Grizz and Blaine stuff?

Steve

Why are they giving me "stuff"? And, of course, nobody asked you for your opinion either.

Frankly, I get tired of arrogant, ignorant comments that dismiss entire fields of professionals as "jerks" (to borrow from blaine) and worse. If you are entitled to your opinion, am I not entitled to mine?
Well to be frank with you, are you a meteorologist? If so, then you should say up front. By not doing so, you come across as a "jerk".
If you are not a meteorologist, then you are a real "jerk", I completely understand the gist of the conversation, predicting the weather is not always reliable or correct, so I don't give the weather forecasters much credence either.
You put your opinion out there first, so yes it's fair game for me to opine.

Steve
BTT.

Steve
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

BrentD wrote:
JerryB wrote:And just THINK, all this started because Grizz put up a sight for us to look at and Some Body didn't like a comment.
No kidding. Actually several somebodies didn't like several comments - even a lot of comments.
Actually, not several somebodies. As I read back thru all the posts, pertinent to the drift of the thread, minus the tit-4-tat snit, the consensus appears 5-1 that weather forecasts are less than reliable. Some might even think weather forecasting is a SWAG, (silly-wild-donkey guess). Not to me, I've watched enough to know it's a SCIENTIFIC-wild-donkey-guess! :P :lol: :lol:

You got defensive. Frankly, I didn't see a need. If you don't see that weather forecasting is inaccurate science, so be it. Some folks feel 2 moa is acceptable accuracy from a rifle, to others anything over 1 moa needs work. The only time either party is wrong is when they try to force their standards on the other.

And btw, the link you provided is one of the several I watch when deciding to travel thru WY or duck south to avoid their winds.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

You seem pretty defensive yourself Griff, and I understand your standards are higher than mere mortals, but please, quit trying to force them on me.

If you compare weather predictions now to 20 or even 10 yrs ago, it's pretty hard to call them wild assed guesses. But hey, don't let me stop ya.

Glad you find the wind map useful.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote:
BrentD wrote:
Actually, not several somebodies. As I read back thru all the posts, pertinent to the drift of the thread, minus the tit-4-tat snit, the consensus appears 5-1 that weather forecasts are less than reliable. Some might even think weather forecasting is a SWAG, (silly-wild-donkey guess). Not to me, I've watched enough to know it's a SCIENTIFIC-wild-donkey-guess! :P :lol: :lol:

You got defensive. Frankly, I didn't see a need. If you don't see that weather forecasting is inaccurate science, so be it. Some folks feel 2 moa is acceptable accuracy from a rifle, to others anything over 1 moa needs work. The only time either party is wrong is when they try to force their standards on the other.

And btw, the link you provided is one of the several I watch when deciding to travel thru WY or duck south to avoid their winds.
Man, I should know better...but, this guy really lets a LOT of blood in the water to draw in the sharks..... :wink: I couldn't help myself..... :oops:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

BlaineG wrote:Man, I should know better...but, this guy really lets a LOT of blood in the water to draw in the sharks..... :wink: I couldn't help myself..... :oops:

You should. But even though I'm just a little guy, I ain't afraid of sharks like you.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

And I'll add that I didn't read where anyone said meteorologists didn't try to be accurate. In my book, there's a huge difference between saying that and bemoaning the fact that they aren't.

So...f ya are one, take heart in the fact that we're still watchin' and hopin' that you've divined His plan for our weather this weekend!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

Sorry I ain't one. But don't let that stop ya. My weekend weather is calling for rain arriving on Sunday and cooler temps with it. Want to wager that they are wrong? I'm game.
Udy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Udy »

Can't help my self on this one. Any one that thinks the weather forecasters are remotely accurate are nuts. I think they got a pretty good guess if its going to be a generally dry/wet/hot/or cold week ahead, but beyond that I don't hold much stock in there guesses.

I remember actually laughing out loud to my self heading to work a few weeks ago in the morning. Had the morning news station on, wipers on HIGH, and the weather man said "not a cloud in the sky today only sunshine". unbelievable.
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

Udy - so how much do you want to lay on the table?
Udy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Udy »

BrentD wrote:Udy - so how much do you want to lay on the table?
About what?
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

Whether my local weather forecaster have the weekend about right or not? I'd love to go to Vegas if I could have the odds in my favor to the degree that weather forecasters get it right. I'd make a killing.
Udy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Udy »

BrentD wrote:Whether my local weather forecaster have the weekend about right or not? I'd love to go to Vegas if I could have the odds in my favor to the degree that weather forecasters get it right. I'd make a killing.
Nothing.
As I stated I think they have a pretty good guess of what kind of pattern to expect in a week, but that is about it. Will it rain sunday; possibly, I sure would NOT bet on it. I would bet that it will rain some time around sat-mon.

Regardless I am done here I stated my opinion and that's all. I got things to do and good luck with vegas.

Edit: Oops. meant would not bet on it. adding NOT to the text.
Last edited by Udy on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

All hat and no cattle. Par for the course.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

BrentD wrote:Sorry I ain't one. But don't let that stop ya. My weekend weather is calling for rain arriving on Sunday and cooler temps with it. Want to wager that they are wrong? I'm game.
Nope, because sometimes SWAGs are spot on. But let me ask you, are you willing to go 5-to-1 that the rain & cooler temps will hit Sat or Mon instead of Sunday?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

Griff wrote:
BrentD wrote:Sorry I ain't one. But don't let that stop ya. My weekend weather is calling for rain arriving on Sunday and cooler temps with it. Want to wager that they are wrong? I'm game.
Nope, because sometimes SWAGs are spot on. But let me ask you, are you willing to go 5-to-1 that the rain & cooler temps will hit Sat or Mon instead of Sunday?
What a chicken. Money talks, talk walks. Looks like you haven't got the guts to stand behind your words. Common among internet legends, of course.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

BrentD wrote:
Griff wrote:
What a chicken. Money talks, talk walks. Looks like you haven't got the guts to stand behind your words. Common among internet legends, of course.
Bub, look in the mirror, that's who you're talkin' about. I ain't seen anything but name callin' and antagonism from your keyboard since you joined this forum. I Image
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

Griff wrote:
BrentD wrote: I ain't seen anything but name callin' and antagonism from your keyboard since you joined this forum. [/img]
Really? I have 486 posts. Let's see the name callin' - or are you talkin' smack again.

You just don't like it when someone disagrees with you and calls you on it. No problem. When you get the courage to stand behind your words let me know.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:lol: I'll take Griff....15 seconds into the first round....Best fall into the Dying Cockroach Position, Boy, you are almost done here.....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

So far, Griff ain't got enough guts to put money behind his mouth. I notice you are mighty mum as well. Lots of talk, not much else. You guys ever catch a glimpse of yourselves in a mirror? Must be down right deflating.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I have met Griff.
A New Zealander born, American raised; fire breather.
He served in this county's military, I assume as a naturalized citizen.
Did I spell that right?
Please refrain from calling my friends names, it is unseemly.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

BrentD wrote:
Griff wrote:
BrentD wrote: I ain't seen anything but name callin' and antagonism from your keyboard since you joined this forum. [/img]
Really? I have 486 posts.
Reading comprehension issue? At least state it accurately. As to the rest of what you wrote... blah, blah blah... background noise only.
And no, Mescalero, a foreign-born natural citizen. Mum was New Zealand, Dad was American.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

I'd go fishing, but that's me.
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

BrentD wrote:So far, Griff ain't got enough guts to put money behind his mouth. I notice you are mighty mum as well. Lots of talk, not much else. You guys ever catch a glimpse of yourselves in a mirror? Must be down right deflating.
You never answered anything I asked you, then you insult Griff, Blaine, Grizz and others here, maybe you should hit the road. Troll.

Steve
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Alright, enough is enough. The forum rules state you can talk about anything, politely. This thread stopped being polite ages ago. Locking it down. If you start up on another thread with this back and forth I will delete it. Be Nice or stay out of the sand box :D
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot