G42

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: G42

Post by vancelw »

jeepnik wrote: It's a nice hunk of solid stainless steel.
Exactly! For a carry gun, I want lightweight and functional.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

vancelw wrote:
jeepnik wrote: It's a nice hunk of solid stainless steel.
Exactly! For a carry gun, I want lightweight and functional.
Well, it is fairly lightweight, and it is (since you can smack someone upside the head with it) multi-functional.

Besides, it makes the perfect "backup" for this Back Up.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

You guys complaining about a lack of .380 ammo need to buy from this outfit. Open the link and click on the "show only items in stock" link below "380 AUTO"

http://sgammo.com/catalog/pistol-ammunition/380-auto
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by RustyJr »

I carry a Glock 23(40S&W) on duty and off. While on duty I carry a G42 strapped to my vest under my shirt as a back up. I'm not a fan of the 380 and thought I would never own one, but due to department SOP its easier to carry a Glock than something else (originally intended to carry a S&W 37 Airweight in 38 special). All that being said I have found the 42 to be very accurate for the size gun it is. Taking it out for the first time I was able to put four out of six rounds in the "kill zone" at 25 yards. That might not be great but given the size of the firearm I'll definitely settle for that.

I read of some reports of reliability issues but mine has been 100% reliable with the exception of 5 rounds of 80 grain stuff that from my understanding will not work well in anything.

RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

I've got two G17's and two G19's that I'm perfectly happy with but I'm always on the lookout for another of either of those models at a bargain price. The only other Glock I want is when they come out with a 9mm single-stack along the lines of the G19 only thinner. That one I'll have to have.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.